Search results

1. Skip

Comparative Diesel Wheels Sizes...

Would the wheels on a K-Line Alco FA be the same size as those on Lionel's Alco FA's? I need traction tires for a K-Line Alco, but I only see ones advertised for the Lionel version... Thanks, Skip ;>})
  2. Skip

Comparing small GG1's?

Is the K-Line GG1 about the same size as the RMT version? {The RMT version is 3/16th's S scale, but using 3-rail O gauge track, I believe?} If I buy a K-Line GG1, would it match up in size with my current RMT one?
  3. Skip

Looking for a particular Beef...

I'm looking to buy {or trade for} an RMT Beef NJ Transit shorty diesel, either a 'dummy' A unit or a B unit.. Thanks Skip Leib
  4. Skip

Would a caboose help prevent some of these accidents?

So a question: In the old prewar days of steamer pulled freights and little or no radio communications, if a cupola rider spotted a hot box on a car ahead how did he get the message to the engineer so as to stop in good time..?
  5. Skip

"Scale Tinplate" Christmas

Is this two-rail S American Flyer or 3-rail O gauge? And did you perhaps change the trucks on the Marx 3/16" scale "027" size flatcar to run on two-rail S track? Well, whatever you did, I enjoyed it... :D Skip
  6. Skip

The largest model railroad in Russia

Built and maintained by all the resources of the State with a massive electronic eye-in-the-sky video spy board? -What else might you expect? There's also another "miniature country" like this, created in Germany I think? {Perhaps the Russians felt the need to compete?} For me, these kinds of...
  7. Skip

Changing Lionel passenger car lights?

Okay, some web searching found me my own answer.............. And NOTE: Do NOT squeeze the sides and try to pry up the roof on these 16000 series type Lionel cars (as suggested for some other Lionel types), as you'll definitely break sumthing then!! These cars have one screw in a deep well at...
  8. Skip

Changing Lionel passenger car lights?

After I got a Lionel #16009 PRR combo car from ebay I discovered it's interior light doesn't work. This car is the Lionel short 12" type (like the Luxury Lines cars) with a plastic roof and sides. But after applying some ~careful~ pressure it doesn't seem like the roof will come off easily...
  9. Skip

S2 switchers talk: Marx, K-Line, RMT versions...

Do you like S2 switchers? Lately I'm finding them to be a nice size, relatively inexpensive, loco that can be used easily with both 027 and O scale rolling stock. I currently have the earlier Marx version of this body and also the later RMT 'Bang' one. The Marx one does not do well on Lionel...
  10. Skip

A basic question from a newbie re radiuses.. (Radii??)

Thank you Steve... So if I go with a minimum 22" radius I believe that would probably give me enough room to navigate in the center of the room between the two reverse loops? And then at that it should only be tight in the one spot, as the rest of the layout would be shelf-like, around the room...
  11. Skip

Union Pacific Burro Crane set

Hey, another NJ guy? -Im in Freehold myself, and I belong to a mrr club in Lakewood where we run both O and HO layouts. Skip
  12. Skip

Hi Steve When you say there's not enough room, I'm curious about this... When I measured the room it appeared to me to fit two 22" radius loops at the widest part's sides while still leaving an 18-20" pass thru to the room's center? I'm not at all familiar with autocad, but does it work on the...
  13. Skip

Hi That's a neat looking layout design. Can you tell me what radius those sweeping wide curves are? I'd like to snake tracks in closer "S" curves around that bow area but I'm not sure if the radiuse's involved to do this would be acceptable? Remember, I'm quite okay in my thinking with 18"...
  14. Skip

OK thanks. I got the idea. Looks good; -I wouldn't change it either! Also looks like the tricky part is lining up the hinges? And something that confuses me is that when I look at the photo showing the wiring underneath I don't see any hinges where I expected to see them? Skip
  15. Skip

Sure, thanks. I can use all the help I can get on this. I'll also look up some articles onna web and see what I can find. Regards, Skip ;>})
  16. Skip

That's a great looking plan! Looks like there's even room for a small storage yard in a central area there. Only things I might like to add to it would be perhaps some sidings for passing and for a station or two. Also I'd connect my parallel main lines with a crossover... Okay, since you guys...
  17. Skip

Okay, here's the floor plan for my HO room. As you can see it's irregular in size. The scale I used is 1/2" equals 1'. It's not an exact precise scale, but fairly close... Thanks, Skip
  18. Skip

Thanks for taking the time to do this! The closet would be flush within the white stuff at the left, and the entrance door would be in the bottom white area beneath it. I'll have to draw a sketch tho because one of the walls is not flat but bulges out (under an upstairs bay window), and this...
  19. Skip

************************************************************* I will attempt to do a drawing, although it will not be true to scale... Meanwhile the replies I've received here have already been very helpful and encouraging, and what I'm now planning on doing is to set up my two 48" wide...

Back