Search results

1. Doc Holliday

Plain latex-acrylic caulk

I used it all the time to affix foam, cork and track. Never had a problem.
  2. Doc Holliday

Model Railroading in Panama

The Bovee & Defiance (BAD) Western is being relocated to Panama (the country, not the city in Florida). Anybody know how if you can get model railroad supplies there or know which, if any, internet retailers will ship there? My option is to take as much as possible with me. I'm modeling in HO.
  3. Doc Holliday

Looking for Double Dog Bone Layout Help

Sorry, I wasn't very clear, was I? In preparation of a pending move to Panama, I tore down my previous (and first) layout, the B.A.D. Western. It was a variation of Atlas’ “Super Pretzel” and had two separate basic loop tracks with a single point of interconnection, Here’s a trackplan...
  4. Doc Holliday

Looking for Double Dog Bone Layout Help

When I constructed the original Bovee' & Defiance (BAD) Western, I made a rookie mistake in that it was a free standing 7' x 11' "L" shape with each leg about 4' wide. It was WAY too deep to reach across. It was in my basement and, having plenty of room, I thought why not? I'm now embarking on...
  5. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday is back in the house

Been a real long time since I was here. My original BAD Western layout has been scrapped in preparation of relocation to Panama. Am anxious to start a new layout that I may actually have time to work on.
  6. Doc Holliday

Show us your bridges and supports!

Here's an old pic of my bridges. Man I gotta get back to workin' on the railroad.
  7. Doc Holliday

Layout questions

How about putting the entire layout on wheels so you can roll it out from the wall? That's what I did with my 7' x 11' layout.
  8. Doc Holliday

Double Bridge/Double Tunnel Ideas??

Jim's idea of using thin plywood and plate girders is about as easy a bridge as you can get. You can make the bridge as wide as you want. Here's my version. I actuallly used cardboard for the base. Doc
  9. Doc Holliday

Show us your Churches

Here's my version of the Campbell Kit. Look, there's a wedding about to begin.
  10. Doc Holliday

What do you do for a living?

Public Works Director.
  11. Doc Holliday

LED resistor value

I don't mean to be argumentative, but why not? The LED calculator lets you enter the power supply voltage. What's not to trust? After that, physics is physics and math is math regardless of what holiday is coming up. Doc
  12. Doc Holliday

What new H.O. Vehicles would you like to see made??

I'm still looking for a Delorean. Doc
  13. Doc Holliday

LED resistor value

Check out this site http://wolfstone.halloweenhost.com/HalloweenTech/anemak_MakingLEDEyes.html
  14. Doc Holliday

What is your age?

I'm 50 but don't feel a day over 85.
  15. Doc Holliday

What do ya make of this puppy!?

Looks like something ol' Wiley Coyote would use to try to run down the Road Runner.
  16. Doc Holliday

Need a HO track plan for a L shaped layout

My layout is about the same size as yours. Here's a pic What ever you do, make sure you consider the reach across the corner. Mine is WAY too big to reach across and I had to cut in a pop up.
  17. Doc Holliday

Curtains and window shades

I scan or download pictures of curtains from catalogs, scale them to fit, print on regular paper and glue behind the window "glass". This provides the look of the textured folds. Post some pice of what you end up with. Doc
  18. Doc Holliday

Need cactus, joshua trees and tumble weeds

Jim, Thanks for the clarification. I lived next to Joshua Tree for 12 years and never knew the difference. Chip, who's Art Hill? To the rest, thanks for the tips. Doc
  19. Doc Holliday

Thanks for the suggestions. :) I'll look into them. As to not seeing them together, looks like someone forgot to tell either the cactus or the Joshua Trees. :D
  20. Doc Holliday

I originally posted this question in the "How to make Trees and Scrubs" STICKY thread on 3/5/09 without realizing it was a STICKY thread. I didn't expect a big response but figured someone would have something to add. I'm hoping for a better response by posting a new topic. I'm modeling the...

Back