Search results

1. A

HELP! athearn gen sd-70M

just how much coaxing did it take? and how exactly did you coax it. I mean, damn... that thing is on there.
  2. A

HELP! athearn gen sd-70M

so, I just got the athearn genesis sd-70M I got off ebay in today. lovely model... the amount of details included is astounding. but I cant get the damn shell off... what gives? I am trying the squeeze and pull method per the directions, but the bugger isnt budging. I hope the PO didnt glue it.
  3. A

post pictures of your engine service facilities!!

very cool. where did you get the inspection pit, and how much $?
  4. A

post pictures of your engine service facilities!!

lets see whats out there! fuel, sand, water, terminals, and houses... I need some inspiration! model style!
  5. A

questions for UP modelers...

HEY! lol... if you want to send it to a good home, and alco hasnt already snatched it, let me know!
  6. A

this may even be a better deal than the last!

funny you should mention it josh... I'm currently the high bidder. they are dummy units, but the detail is so good on these proto 2K's that its still a nice little prize
  7. A

the killer part is that it's TWO of them for this price... not just one. different road numbers too!
  8. A

alco, I have always modeled UP solely. although, to be honest with you, I cant really call what I am doing right now modeling... no room for a layout. however, i plan to get back into it full swing as soon as I can, so I spend some of my loose cash building a nice roster. so, its buy this here...
  9. A

okay, I am once again looking for someone to tell me I made as good a purchase as I think I did... what do you guys think... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180106968873
  10. A

thank you all a ton. I just ordered a 4-6-2 pacific from the IHC website today. 79 bucks with shipping... awesome. I cant wait to see when it comes it. Alcomotive, those pics are awesome. great weathering. just there enough to look real.
  11. A

Loosing a flywheel?

did you just score this on ebay in the last few days? there was one on there I was contemplating bidding on... but i didnt.
  12. A

thanks guys! lots of good info... how good are those IHC steamers? those are awesome prices on the website... even some cheaper on ebay.... wow.
  13. A

and thanks again man. I was thinking that I should compare to prototype, but that poses an issue... the discrepancies are so minor at times, that it would be hard to compare to pictures offline (as every display will diplay colors slightly differently, based on color profiles, as well as every...
  14. A

was this as good a deal as I think?

thanks josh! just made my night again... first time was when I nailed that auction, second time was the nod of approval from a valued opinion. hows everything going?
  15. A

was this as good a deal as I think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=150111384919&rd=1&rd=1 what do you guys think? I'm pretty happy with the purchase... I just hope its as good a deal as I thought.
  16. A

first, what would you guys I get for a good mid end steamer to pull some heavyweights I have? nothing huge like a big boy, and my budget isnt huge either... but I would like something nice to haul them. second, what do you guys do about color missmatching between brands? and for that matter...
  17. A

Selling detail parts?

josh, I this is the first I've heard of this... you can count me as a customer. high hood detailing rocks man. what are you going to be casting in? if you did full detail sets to make up the lacking on something like athearn BB's, I would pay some good money for that... I mean, a set that...
  18. A

ranking loco's quality by manufacturer...

josh, thanks a ton... I'm interested as to what others have to say here too... and curious... why does it seem athearn BB command a price above the bman spectrums even though there is an obvious quality difference? maybe I'm just nuts, but I see bachmann spectrum loco's all the time for less...
  19. A

ranking loco's quality by manufacturer...

if someone could just give me a qick crash course here on the various manufacturers quality levels from bottom to top, bottoming at athearn BB's and topping with, lets say overland brass models, and a quick couple or few reasons why on each... for instance, here is my experiance as of now...

Back