Search results

1. R

Guidance on Turnouts and Remote Control

Hi I would do a quick google search, there should be some info out there about what your trying do. At a pinch, I used Hornby and Peco turnout motors (not sure if the Atlas ones work the same way) also had the old Lima points which also required the following to work. a Capacity Discharge...
  2. R

Fuel Hub

Thanks, I get the backdrop approach, not a 100% on the "behind the viewer" may need to find an example of that.
  3. R

Fuel Hub

Thanks Dave1905 - I'm entirely sure what you mean. So I need to extend the layout out for the pipework?
  4. R

Fuel Hub

Hi I bought these two kits Kibri MIRO Storage Tank Kit (39832) ages ago. As it turns out I'm about 10 times smaller than what I thought I needed. The prototypical tanks is about 3000m3 vs the kit 340m3. So I'm unsure about whether to cut my losses or just go it. I have thought about...
  5. R

Banded Iron Rail

Hi Have almost completed the siding into the car dumper, next is the TLO. Just have to paint the tunnel portals and batters. to get started on that. Cheers
  6. R

Banded Iron Rail

That's the biggest one, I have a small radii at 480mm
  7. R

I need help on Campbell's Produce Shed

Can you take a pic on the instructions?
  8. R

Banded Iron Rail

Thanks, I thought that cutting the rail on a curve it would kink the rail.
  9. R

Banded Iron Rail

Hi I was explaining this to a mate at I was going to use PCB cut into sleeper size pieces and replace the plastic ones over the joint and solder the rail to the sleeper, and he asked why? Why don't you glue the plastics ones and cut through them? There seems to be no difference between the...
  10. R

Banded Iron Rail

Hi Finally started laying down track. Have all the points down and started on the curves. When creating joints in the tracks for modules how many sleepers would you back from the joint? Cheers
  11. R

Banded Iron Rail

Hi Finally, managed to get the batters in at the tunnel entrances. Hopefully will start laying track.
  12. R

Banded Iron Rail

Thanks
  13. R

Banded Iron Rail

Yes they are, well worth the investment into a printer
  14. R

Banded Iron Rail

Got side tracked, and started on the two tunnel portals I need. Managed to come up with these.
  15. R

Point Control on XPS Foam

Hi No worries Cheers
  16. R

Hi Thanks, definitely interested, as I'm relatively new to this Arduino thing you will have to bear with me. My layout has only 12 points, that's why I thought the PCA9685 would be the go. Do any of your sketches use a "on-on" DTPT switch? I was hoping to recycle the ones I have from a...
  17. R

Hi Thanks, I have been messing with a sketch I found on-line, just to get an understanding of the whole thing. The aim is to use an UNO with a PCA9685 with a DPDT switch to throw the points and drive the LED's on the control. However finding the code for a DPDT switch is proving a bit harder...
  18. R

Hi I going to have to think this through. I wouldn't picking your brains on the Arduino side of things also. Cheers
  19. R

I can do that on certain turnouts, but I have one on an embankment and the hole would ruin the batter.
  20. R

Hi I have kind of stalled in my layout build. I'm not sure how to control the points, my baseboard is 50mm XPS foam glued to 3mm ply. I was going to control the points with servos and arduino, I have modelled a linear actuator, so I could mount the servo off to the side and hide the wire...

Back