Search results

1. bshire284

Ballast or open frames

Great, thanks. Found a pic where someone used what looks like ME viaducts for double track. Looks like it works out well for each track to have their individual viaduct supports.
  2. bshire284

Ballast or open frames

Does anyone know if the Micro Eng. tall steel viaduct kits allow for or explain building them for a double track bridge? Thanks again!!
  3. bshire284

Ballast or open frames

Thanks for the help on this fellas. I'm going to use the open decks and add a plate and ballast them. I forgot to mention this bridge is on a slight radius. Since the track comes out of the tunnel portal at an angle, this puts the bridge ends and support shoes at an angle also. How would you go...
  4. bshire284

Ballast or open frames

Hey folks. Long time no post. I'm modeling in the late 60's and earlier era and I need some bridges for a 220 ft. double track bridge span that typically starts (approach) at the exit of a tunnel. At the approach, I would like to use two 80' open deck bridges then onto some Warren trusses and...
  5. bshire284

N scale HI-Rise buildings

Thanks fellas. I try is all I can really say.
  6. bshire284

Thanks. Yep, alot of work and no instructions. A friend built a few and we added those into the city.
  7. bshire284

Scratchbuilt buisiness/ apartments hi-rise building I put together using balsa 4"x4" sheets. I used cardboard for the individual floors and a variety of clear plastic for the windows. Removable heating & air maintenance building at the top. The maint. building has lights along with some of the...
  8. bshire284

Arnold 4-6-4

I recieved an Arnold 4-6-4 and the motor is burnt out. I was looking for a replacement motor either new or used. If you don't mind me asking, does anyone know where I could aquire a motor to get it running again? Not knowing how these run, is it worth spending the money to get it running again...
  9. bshire284

best kits to scale

I'm getting started in n scale railroading and needed some info on structures. There are a lot of kit makers out there and I was curious about who makes the closest scale kits? I'm on a very tight budget so expensive kits will be a no go for me. I need to stay with some cheaper kits. Thanks for...
  10. bshire284

n scale newby

How goes it everyone. New to the model railroading hobby and stopping in to introduce myself. Looks like a great site to get started with. My interest is in N scale modeling. See you in the forums.

Back