Search results

1. J

Sticker Shock

Well, I went on ebay and won a brand new Bachmann CSX SD-40 (#60910) with DCC for $62. Probably not the best price around but I didn't think I was going to win so I didn't pay much attention to the pricing. Anyway, I will soon have my first engine. And that is all I have so far! No DCC...
  2. J

Sticker Shock

Thanks for everone's comments. I know how to find deals on line and I will find them as I start buying stuff. I am just a little bit more sensitive to cost right now as I have been out of work since August. I am hoping to get a job soon and then start buying engines and track. One good thing is...
  3. J

Sticker Shock

I built a 5x9 HO layout 15 years ago (my first) and I had to scrap it a few years ago because my kids needed the space. Back then I could buy engines for $100 and rolling stock kits for about $9. Now I am living somewhere else and I am thinking about a nice little 4x8 layout. But checking the...
  4. J

Please explain Atlas Snap vs Custom line switches

Thank you for all of your responses. I decided not to use Snap if I can help it. As I believe what ever layout I build will require also a curved switch, I will use one or two Peco. I have never used or even seen a real Peco but I assume they are good, just very expensive. I plan to model a...
  5. J

Please explain Atlas Snap vs Custom line switches

I am considering building my first layout in years, an HO scale with Atlas code 83 track. I am looking for a small, 4x8 layout. I have only used code 100 in the past. I am a beginner and want to use Atlas sectional track. I have used it in the past with excellent results. But I am confused...

Back