Search results

1. Y

Athearn Genesis SD70M-2

I am thinking of buying 1 or 2 Athearn Genesis SD70M-2 locos for my fleet can anyone tell me about the quality and pulling power of those locos? I started off with BLIs AC6000 after buying 5 of them and needing to send all back to the factory because the trucks wanted to "kick out" over some of...
  2. Y

ballasting questions

Time to ballast my track i wanted to go w/Arizona ballast company,but there are no pics of what they sell on line. Does it make a difference are all companys stuff the same?
  3. Y

switchers

I recieved 2 new bowser switchers today when i put the first on test track it ran darn near off the track, w/o being programed it was running. So i put on main did it there , then put it back on tested track and redid it. My issue now is that forward and backward on my NCE controller are...
  4. Y

Rapido loco

Does anyone have any Rapido locos,what do you/dislike about them what can I exspect both in terms of pulling power/detail...ect?
  5. Y

sound decoder and speakers?

What would be a good quality sound decoder for an Athearn 9-44CW loco? Also how difficult is it to mount speakers in a loco? Ive never installed either (decoder or speakers) so please take that into consideration. Thanks Jay
  6. Y

DCC ready?

I found an athearn 9-44cw loco I like (in ho scale) it is DCC ready I know I need a 9 pin decoder but which one? Also will this thing have speakers installed or will I need to do that too? I am running NCE procab so do I need to stick w/there stuff? Any advice would be helpfull here...thanks Jay
  7. Y

passenger locomotive

I am thinking of exspanding my layout to enclude high speed rail on the outside of my table kind of a stand alone track radius will be 48" or so. Just wanting some input on who makes good quailty passenger locos? I have diesels & steam in BLI ,Bowser.Intermountain,Kato,and switchers in...
  8. Y

locomotive repair?

what? where? who? do I send an HO scale loco that is out of warrenty but needs repair? Its a BLI AC 6000 that just stopped running if put on track it kills power to everything once taken off power is fully restored very odd? Any and all ideas are welcome thanks,Jay
  9. Y

help with marklin crane

I bought a Marklin crane,it came with no control box or power pack. It has to wires attached to the bottom platform but thats it. I called Marklin the guy who could help was busy and never called me back. Does anyone have any idea what I will need to make this work? The instruction book is...
  10. Y

switcher ID help

I was looking at train world and found they have some walthers SW8 in CN road #7151 & #7159 but cant find anywhere ,where these number switchers existed? Maybe I am making a big deal out of nothing but kind wanted all my locos...ect to have been in service in real life in some way,shape ,or form.
  11. Y

GATX tank train

I have a oil refinery as a center part of my latout was thinking of adding some Athearn GATX tank train cars to my rolling stock. Does anyone here run these? Also I see model train stuff has no end cars will it look odd having a 6/8 car set up w/a bare connector at the end?
  12. Y

how 2 remove shell from body?

Can anyone tell me what the trick might be to moving the shell from a BLI AC6000 body? I dont want to break it . It seem on pretty tight,any help will be usefull.....thanks...Jay
  13. Y

loco not working

I have a pair of BLI AC6000 in CP rail I had 1 on the track (at a stand still w/sound on) when i put the other one on the track the first one sound went mute & then made a clicking noise. I unmuted it it ran fine , but the second one has no power at all no lights no sound nothing. Afew nights...
  14. Y

LOKSOUND decoders

I started to fool around w/my Kato sd40-2 last night,nice loco but the sound they put in it is more like a jet plane then a train (my opinon only). After looking on net I found manuel and was able to turn diesel volume down. Then I see my headlight is flashing ok no biggie I took care of that,I...
  15. Y

help w/Bowser CVs

I have 5 Bowser C630Ms and cant find my manuel for any of them , I cant believe I threw them all out , maybe I did? If anyone knows the CVs for the diesel sound when running,horn,and bell I would appreciate knowing what they are.....thanks for any and all help Jay
  16. Y

realistic trees

Who make the most realistic trees? Its very difficult to tell from pics what trees look more realistic then others.
  17. Y

what did santa bring you this year?

So were my friends here naughty or nice? coal or coal cars? I woke up to a new BLI 2-8-0 steamer and a a CP rail crane boom and tender. So what did santa bring you? Happy holidays to all.....from yard master (Jay)
  18. Y

They have ruined it!

I have afew intermountain locomotives they look and run fine, but what they did with their newest Milwaukee RD loco,I mean really a purple stripe down the center of the body to me they taken a "would be" classic and they ruined it.
  19. Y

DCC on board

How DCC on board differ from DCC quipped?
  20. Y

anyrail?

I had a friend help me install any rail to my computer,got it up and running.....i found it very difficult to use but i am NOT SMART AS FAR AS COMPUTERS GO. Anyway i back out of it to try again but cant seem to get it going ,. I get to the home page but there are no drop downs to start...VERY...

Back