Search results

1. Y

Athearn Genesis SD70M-2

Thanks Ken very nice video! I think I will pick a couple up and give them a try.
  2. Y

Athearn Genesis SD70M-2

I am thinking of buying 1 or 2 Athearn Genesis SD70M-2 locos for my fleet can anyone tell me about the quality and pulling power of those locos? I started off with BLIs AC6000 after buying 5 of them and needing to send all back to the factory because the trucks wanted to "kick out" over some of...
  3. Y

A good Switching Engine please?

Tony I like BLI or Walthers for my switchers.
  4. Y

An Indian N1 2-10-0 Loco with sound, lights and Firebox flights on my layout

Neat video,I like the red "firebox" effect. Indian???? now days shouldnt it read "native american"...LOL
  5. Y

ballasting questions

Time to ballast my track i wanted to go w/Arizona ballast company,but there are no pics of what they sell on line. Does it make a difference are all companys stuff the same?
  6. Y

What's is the Size of Your Layout?

I have a whole basement and it will be done in phases rite now just getting done w/a 16x4 table w/a 2x8 yard attached. I have 1600sq ft of basement to work with so as I get more time,money and beer/scotch the rest will be done as well.
  7. Y

My latest investment....

Those got CN AND/OR CP written all over them??? Nope I got yard slugg?
  8. Y

passenger locomotive

Yes I did preordered a pair of locos from Rapido
  9. Y

passenger locomotive

who is goning to make that loco Gomez?
  10. Y

switchers

Well after spending 1.5 hrs w/Lee English from bowser the issue was fixed. CV 29 needed to be changed from 34 to 47 , i do believe that would make them run backwards but do to the wires being mixed (acrossed) when built it made them run in the proper direction. Nice that a company will take the...
  11. Y

switchers

I recieved 2 new bowser switchers today when i put the first on test track it ran darn near off the track, w/o being programed it was running. So i put on main did it there , then put it back on tested track and redid it. My issue now is that forward and backward on my NCE controller are...
  12. Y

gondolas to haul scrap

the piping for u-boat pens was very large so those copper parts u have will work fine in WW2 HO scale! AND NO i dont want 2 hear how ur not modeling that era!! German U-boats fit into ANY ERA ANY SCALE!!!!!!!!.......................Hey has anyone seen the bismark lately??...LOL
  13. Y

gondolas to haul scrap

Gomez you cant deface USA pennies like that its against the law!!
  14. Y

gondolas to haul scrap

I would paint them grey (only 1 shade not 50...LOL) cut the flat ends off and call it clovert piping
  15. Y

Rapido loco

Does anyone have any Rapido locos,what do you/dislike about them what can I exspect both in terms of pulling power/detail...ect?
  16. Y

sound decoder and speakers?

What would be a good quality sound decoder for an Athearn 9-44CW loco? Also how difficult is it to mount speakers in a loco? Ive never installed either (decoder or speakers) so please take that into consideration. Thanks Jay
  17. Y

DCC ready?

Thankyou sir sadly I doubt i will buy loco a pug in decoder i can do , wiring speakers is out of my wheel house and i would most likely ruin the model :(
  18. Y

DCC ready?

I found an athearn 9-44cw loco I like (in ho scale) it is DCC ready I know I need a 9 pin decoder but which one? Also will this thing have speakers installed or will I need to do that too? I am running NCE procab so do I need to stick w/there stuff? Any advice would be helpfull here...thanks Jay
  19. Y

passenger locomotive

I preorder 2 HO scale trains from Rapido in CP wont be here entill next year. They look great ,honestly doing this blind as I dont know much about Rapido trains at all
  20. Y

passenger locomotive

I am thinking of exspanding my layout to enclude high speed rail on the outside of my table kind of a stand alone track radius will be 48" or so. Just wanting some input on who makes good quailty passenger locos? I have diesels & steam in BLI ,Bowser.Intermountain,Kato,and switchers in...

Back