Search results

1. ctulanko

A "Different" kind of Homemade Static Grass Applicator

I am at the point on my layout where I need to start adding scenery in the yard and from the research photos I have, there are several locations that I would have use for tall, realistic looking wild grass. I decided to start looking at Static Grass Applicators and browsed all over the web...
  2. ctulanko

Headlight and Marker Lens Cross Reference for MV products?

I did a bunch of searching on the Web and MV Products seems to be the only one I could find that produces Headlight and Marker Lenses for HO gauge; there are many available lenses in various assorted sizes and colors, and there in lies the dilema. Is there a cross reference chart somewhere...
  3. ctulanko

Decal Prep and Paint on Diesel

I was able to finish the prep on my brass diesel, cleaning it with lacquer thinner, soaking it in a vinegar bath, washing it with a baking soda bath followed by a good rinse and finally priming it with Tamiya Metal primer, which I wasn't aware was actually clear, followed by airbrushing it with...
  4. ctulanko

Question regarding painting Brass Diesels

I have collected some data off this website and others, but there are a few details I am missing with regards to painting brass, as it is something I have not done. I have used an airbrush many times in the past and feel I can do a good job of it; thanks must go to wombat457 for his compressor...
  5. ctulanko

First Attempt...Scratchbuilt Brass Passenger Station

This was my first attempt at scratch building a brass structure. I built a small Passenger Station; my layout is small and I have to say it took some time, as all parts had to be hand made. I only had one photo to work from of an Altoona Station around the era I am modeling, so I didn't go...
  6. ctulanko

First attempt - Scratchbuilding Yard Structures

After beginning the build of my first layout, I purchased a few plastic structures (Engine House, Diesel Fueling Station, Fuel facility, etc...) and kit bashed all of them to fit the Yard. While they were decent kits, I could not find exactly what I wanted or what would fit the yard, so I...
  7. ctulanko

Hello from Cincinnati

Hello everyone, I have been a model railroad fan since I was a very young boy. I vaguely remember my dad setting his track up when I was young and then when I hit 10, they bought me my first Lionel Train set. I still have it and it goes under the Christmas tree every year. At 12 we rode our...
  8. ctulanko

Quick question re: Installing Tortoise Switch machines

I cannot find any information in the installation sheet, so I figured I would ask... How short do you cut the throw rods on a Tortoise switch machine? Sounds simple enough and my guess would be long enough not to fall out of the switch hole and short enough not to scrape trucks...flush with...
  9. ctulanko

Greetings from Cincinnati

Hello everyone. My name is Carl and I have been a model railroad fan since I was a very young boy. I vaguely remember my dad setting his track up when I was young and then when I hit 10, they bought me my first Lionel set. I still have it and it goes around the Christmas tree every year...

Back