Search results

1. S

Handrail ??

I am building an Intermountain O scale box car for a friend of mine. It is the orange and black Rio Grande paint scheme. I need to know what color the grab irons and side ladders are supposed to be. :confused: Thanks
  2. S

2007 NRHS steam excursion

Well the 2007 NRHS is over now. But the pictures, memories and many conversations with the folks attending will be a lasting memory.I was able to chase the last excursion, steam to Summerville, GA from Chattanooga, TN. This excursion train was the longest ever run on the C&C by TVRM, and...
  3. S

2007 NRHS convention pics Part 1

Here are a series of pictures of the 2007 NRHS convention train that was run on the GNRR from Blue Ridge to Tate Ga and return. The southbound trip, the convention goers rode on a charter bus to Blue Ridge from Chattanooga. Then the same mode of transportation from Tate back to Chattanooga. On...
  4. S

Mag-lev prototype

This past Friday, I had the privilege of being invited to go on a special tour of a facility that has built and is building and testing a new type of mag-lev train. It was all very interesting. We where allowed to take pics and this is the batch that I have sorted thru and thought that I would...
  5. S

Norfolk Southern and BLET Reach Tentative Agreement

ugust 7, 2007 Norfolk Southern and BLET Reach Tentative Agreement NORFOLK, VA – Norfolk Southern Railway Co. and the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen today announced that they have reached a tentative new agreement, which extends through 2014 and continues to link...
  6. S

loco Direction help

I have read the post that I found in the search for the answer but I don't understand completely, I need help. I want use this example to help you understand what I am after: In DC you place a loco on the track and it goes the way that YOUR normal forward is regardless of the way the loco...
  7. S

Sound suggestions????????

I am looking into buying a sound decoder for a Atlas or Athearn HO loco. I am wanting to use the Soundtrax decoders. I think that they are only sound for the loco and horn specific versions that I am looking into. Anyone with experience in this please share all your experiences with me. I will...
  8. S

Curfew Updates for the Week of July 30

CSX Customer News Curfew Updates for the Week of July 30 Following are ongoing or upcoming CSX curfews (scheduled track maintenance), which are updated weekly. View the weekly map here: CSX Curfews for Week of July 30 (http://www.csx.com/?fuseaction=custo...detail&i=27211) For...
  9. S

Norfolk Southern Statement on Charges

July 26, 2007 Norfolk Southern Statement on Misdemeanor Charges Filed by Pennsylvania Attorney General and McKean County District Attorney in Connection with June 30, 2006, Derailment and Sodium Hydroxide Release in McKean County HARRISBURG, PA. – Norfolk Southern acknowledges...
  10. S

CSX updated curfew listing

CSX Customer News Curfew Updates for the Week of May 14 Following are ongoing or upcoming CSX curfews (scheduled track maintenance), which are updated weekly. View the weekly map here: CSX Curfews for Week of May 14 (http://www.csx.com/?fuseaction=customers.news-detail&i=26891)...
  11. S

Derailment pictures

Here are some links to some pictures of a derailment that I found on a list that I am on. THought that I would share them here with you all. Here are a couple of photos this past week of a derailment on the Chattooga and Chickamauga Railway in Lafayette, Ga...
  12. S

Bli Ac6000

just thought that I would pass along that orders for the DC/DCC AC6000 GE are due by the end of the month. As they plan to build only a few extra units according to the web site. Order are due by the end of the month. They will feature sound in the DC mode, and the cost is only $170. They are...
  13. S

Man VS train

Here is a short video of a man that is crossing the tracks to get on the train, he gets hit by a train that is coming from behind him. In the video you never see him turn his head to look behind him. http://www.mta.info/lirr/pubs/video/Crossing.htm
  14. S

Wordls Greatest Hobby on Tour

Come One, Come All to The World’s Greatest Hobby Shows! – It’s the ultimate train extravaganza for families and model railroad lovers of all ages! The World’s Greatest Hobby on Tour, spanning the nation in 2007, is bringing top manufacturers, 15+ operating layouts, the Walt Disney Railroad...
  15. S

Power issue

A friend of mine has DCC on his layout. He has a wye and the reversing module wired into it. The base leg of the wye between the switches has no power. What is causing this issue? The other wye that he has on the layout works fine. I compared the wires and insulated joints and they appear to be...
  16. S

Fec Sd70m-2

There are four new SD70M-2's awaiting pickup at Paducka, KY. According to cross post that I have read they are supposed to be in JAX with in the week. They look really nice. Here is a link to some pics. http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/archiveThumbs.aspx?id=18741
  17. S

I am a newbie here and thought that I would drop a note to say hi and hope to learn somethings along the way and share things that I know as well. I have been in HO for, well since I could walk and talk for the most part. I do not have a layout as of now but I am helping a friend of mine build...

Back