Search results

1. andersley

EMD SD wheelbases

The website has an English section, so I assumed he could speak english. I may write to him in English and Croat, just in case. I will definitely be looking in model shops when we are over in Slovenia this summer. I already know of two shop locations which have been recommended to me on a...
  2. andersley

EMD SD wheelbases

I have that Croatian site bookmarked, and have emailed him twice, but no response. :( I am particularly interested in the Moped class 342 and also the Kennedy. I may have to write to him by snail mail. :rolleyes:
  3. andersley

EMD SD wheelbases

After checking, the G26 is just under 39 ft wheelbase. So an SD45 chassis may be the best to use, with modified SD9 sideframes or trucks. I will also investigate adjusting the position of the center axles. The G26 is 59 ft over pilots, so the frame would need to be shortened a bit, which would...
  4. andersley

EMD SD wheelbases

They are actually C-C trucks, but the wheelbase is uneven spacing. I may just have to live with that small discrepancy. This is actually an EMD export G26HCW-2 of 2,200 hp. It is a Slovenian Railways (SZ) class 664 (nicknamed 'Reagans'). They have an EMD 645E prime mover. Video here...
  5. andersley

EMD SD wheelbases

Many thanks. I will take a look at those wheelbase dimensions. Are the wheelbases quoted the truck centers, or the outer axle centers? I had thought of using Cannon doors, if they do the correct sizes - European locomotives are not as high as in the US, so doors may be smaller. I will keep you...
  6. andersley

EMD SD wheelbases

Yes, the SD7/9 trucks looked the best match to me. But I think the total wheelbase would be too short, but I guess I could lengthen the chassis. Now, who currently makes an SD7 or 9? There do not appear to be any listed in the UK shops. I was also thinking that I could cut up various shells...
  7. andersley

EMD SD wheelbases

I need a chassis to power a locomotive I want to build. But am not sure which model will supply the nearest wheelbase. Possibilities are Athearn SD40T-2 or SD45T-2, SD40-2, SD9. I need the axle spacing for each truck and the truck centers. This is the loco I want to make. The trucks will not...
  8. andersley

Andersley Kits NTTX Spine Car

Not at the moment Fred, but I am developing a DODX 6-axle heavy duty flatcar. ;)
  9. andersley

Hi there Catt! Didn't know you were on here. It comes to us all eventually Jonathan :D Besides, I may now have time to do something for myself ;)
  10. andersley

Hi Eugen. Looks like you are making a good job of those N scale cars. Thanks for the comments. :)
  11. andersley

Coffee Shop Part III

I don't usually make resolutions, but I really wanted to push myself to get some work done on the layout (and make myself feel guilty if I didn't) ;)
  12. andersley

Coffee Shop Part III

Happy New Year everyone! I made the decision to get more work done on my new layout this year - already done some backdrop sky painting this morning, now am going to fit a few missing sleepers (ties) to the track to get it ready for ballasting. Must keep up the momentum by doing something...
  13. andersley

Not done any work on the TTRX yet (still not decided), but am working on the CAD for a 68ft DODX flat car. My N scale kit of this car was a huge seller, and I have been asked for it in HO several times so thought I would give it a try before I finally retire.
  14. andersley

Thanks Josh. I was on here previously, but after a house move and two new computers, I could not get logged in, so started again with a new screen name. ;)
  15. andersley

Good to see one of my NTTX kits finished in CP Rail - makes a change from yellow! :) Sorry about the omission of a currency converter on the website, when I moved the HO items from my previous Alan Curtis Models site, I missed it off. I will add it now. A good currency converter is...

Back