Search results

1. AllenRockwell

My patched SP SD40

Honestly I cannot remember what I used. It may have been any combination of Flip MinioHD, Canon HV20, Sony Webbie and Canon EOS7D.
  2. AllenRockwell

My patched SP SD40

Athearn RTR SD40 with Tsunami DCC/Sound board installed. Videos too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPk00BhsqUk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-1IT0Kru6A
  3. AllenRockwell

Basic Athearn Locomotive Question - Genesis vs RTR

Thank you all for your comments. I rolled the dice and picked up a RTR SD40 today and put a Tsunami decoder in it tonight and I have to admit that I'm fairly impressed with the results. The model needs some additional detailing on the outside but as far as how it runs, it seems nice...
  4. AllenRockwell

Basic Athearn Locomotive Question - Genesis vs RTR

Currently all of my locomotives are Tower 55 or Athearn Genesis ... however I have my eye on an Athearn "Ready To Run" SD60 (stock #78811), UP#2215. My question is; Once I get this unit and put a nice quality Tsunami decoder in it will I see a huge difference in performance (power...
  5. Disaster Strikes !!!!

Disaster Strikes !!!!

This model was sitting on my test track for the last few days. It seems that it got really hot out in the shop and a tube of glue on a shelf above the test track exploded and dripped all over this side of the model. This is not glue like Elmers white glue (I could just peel that off), this...
  6. The rebuild after the disaster - 4

The rebuild after the disaster - 4

I guess the one positive thing that came out of this rebuild is that I had a chance to reconsider the fans that I used. Now I'm going with some fans with a lot more detail to them including etched metal fan blades and screens.
  7. The rebuild after the disaster - 3

The rebuild after the disaster - 3

Almost back to where I was before the great glue flood of July 2008.
  8. The rebuild after the disaster - 2

The rebuild after the disaster - 2

New bits being installed.
  9. The rebuild after the disaster - 1

The rebuild after the disaster - 1

All of the damaged bits removed and some new bits ready to be installed.
  10. AllenRockwell

Comment by 'AllenRockwell' in media 'Scratchbuilding HO Scale MK-1200G (LNG) Switcher - UP1298'

jbaakko, the clear plastic parts you see are laser cut/engraved acrylic (plexiglass). I'm going to finish this model as a one-off ... then I might make another shell and cast it as a one piece shell. We'll see.
  11. MK1200 (LNG) Progress

MK1200 (LNG) Progress

I shot a bit of white primer on it tonight just so that I can see where I'm at and what areas need more work. The cab roof looks like it's sloping forward but that's an optical illusion. The side windows still need their window frames installed, they will get all weather windows like the...
  12. AllenRockwell

Comment by 'AllenRockwell' in media 'Southern Pacific Class F-70-10'

Great work. Are you using FDM for making your parts? Or some other SLA type technology?
  13. AllenRockwell

Comment by 'AllenRockwell' in media 'Passenger car under construction'

Nice work. What did we do before CAD and Laser Cutting? :)
  14. Scratchbuilding HO Scale MK-1200G (LNG) Switcher - UP1298

Scratchbuilding HO Scale MK-1200G (LNG) Switcher - UP1298

Scratchbuilding HO Scale MK-1200G (LNG) Switcher - UP1298 Actually I'm not sure if "scratchbuilding" is 100% accurate. All the black plastic parts you see in this photo are stock of modified Athearn GP-35 parts. The rest is my work. All images Allen Rockwell 2008
  15. Scratchbuilding HO Scale MK-1200G (LNG) Switcher - UP1298

Scratchbuilding HO Scale MK-1200G (LNG) Switcher - UP1298 Actually I'm not sure if "scratchbuilding" is 100% accurate. All the black plastic parts you see in this photo are stock of modified Athearn GP-35 parts. The rest is my work. All images Allen Rockwell 2008
  16. Scratchbuilding HO Scale MK-1200G (LNG) Switcher - UP1298

17. Scratchbuilding HO Scale MK-1200G (LNG) Switcher - UP1298

18. Scratchbuilding HO Scale MK-1200G (LNG) Switcher - UP1298

19. Scratchbuilding HO Scale MK-1200G (LNG) Switcher - UP1298

20. Walthers Container Crane

Walthers Container Crane

Back