Search results

1. R

HO layout 'Clara', 7x3m, 24 trains

HO layout 'Clara', 7x3m, 24 trains This HO Layout is built by a fellow member of the Eindhoven Modeling Club, Peter Koppelman. Link to the video His explanation: Seven years I have been building my layout and I ban all again making major changes. The layout is in a room of 7 x 2.65 meters...
  2. R

Transport Fever 2 As Model Railway Sim - A Video Series

Transport Fever 2 As Model Railway Sim - 01 - Settings and Scaling While Transport Fever 2 actually is a game of economics, to set up a transport network and make your economy thrive, its game engine can equally well be used as a simulator for (model) railways. We can tame its AI to keep...
  3. R

Traincontroller 10 Gold Video Series

Traincontroller 10 Gold 01 Install and Drive a Train Traincontroller 10 was released September 2022. It seemed like a good moment to start a new series of videos. Video 1 shows how to download and install TC, how to get a license code and activate it, how to connect your Digital System and how...
  4. R

Twinwoods & Bedford

Twinwoods & Bedford - 01 - Layout Design Together with hobby friend Nico the plan is to build a new layout in a spare bedroom. In this thread we like to post progress from time to time. We’ll go through all the steps, from first ideas, to design, to (3D) simulation, to woodwork, to track...
  5. R

EEP Lua Automatic Train Control

In cooperation with Frank Buchholz a free software package has been released that can create automatic train traffic on any EEP layout. The latest version 2.3.2 can be downloaded here Some of the new features are: - an installer that automatically places all necessary files in the appropriate...
  6. R

Hantek 6022BE Oscilloscope Software Overview

An oscilloscope is an invaluable tool to any electronics hobbyist. They can be had from a bit over $200 up to multiple thousands, dependent on specifications whereby max measurable frequency is an importand price factor. If you don't need to measure frequencies over 20 MHz a portable USB scope...
  7. R

USB Configurable 16 Channel Arduino DCC Servo & Accessory Decoder

Part 1 - Download & Install Windows Software Model railroad hobbyist friend Nico Teering took the Arduino DCC decoder software to a whole new level. A wealth of functions are combined all into one Arduino sketch for multi-purpose DCC control of 16 pins. In a joint effort with Sergey...
  8. R

Fun with Arduino - a Series of Introductory Videos

I bet almost everyone here at the forum has heard about the Arduino and how much fun and how useful it can be to model railroaders and other hobbyists. Price is no issue, an Arduino can be had at about $3,-. But not every hobbyist has affinity with electronics or with software. To some the...
  9. R

Traincontroller - a Series of 55 'How To' Videos

Over the past couple of years I did a series of videos on Traincontroller. They have been posted on several European Model Railway forums, but not here. I don't remember how come. Anyhow ... here they are now. Traincontroller is model railway control software for Windows PC / laptop. There are...
  10. R

Detection with a reed switch and a magnet. Experiences?

Today I tried occupancy detection with a reed switch and a small magnet under the loc. Results seemed OK. Link to the video. Although current sensing probably is the most used detection method, I like to try some other methods too before I make up my mind what to use with my near-future...
  11. R

An Arduino as 16x function- and 6x servo-decoder

An Arduino can be used as a combined function- plus servo decoder. This has a price tag under €5,- (including a fast opto-coupler). Thanks to the people behind mynabay who made available the code for decoding the DCC commands. I added the software to control the outputs and the servos...
  12. R

Arduino as an S88 occupancy detector interface

It seemed like fun to me to try if an Arduino could be used as an S88 interface to transmit block occupancy sensor signals to the Command Station (in my case an ECoS2). A video and a software download is available here.
  13. R

Video's on ECoS with PC software like JMRI, Rocrail a.o.

Recently I joined a model railroad club and I'm also in the process of creating my own layout at home. It's meant to become a fully automated PC, ECoS, DCC controlled layout. In sync with this 'project', I did a few video's on how to connect the ECoS to several different PC railroad control...

Back