Search results

1. M

Roco Track Please See my You Tube Video.

Hi guys, I've begun planning on my model railroad and village and it's really fun, but I need to know, is Roco Track Still Available. Yes I can get it used from ebay, but is there a reliable source where I can buy it new or is it discontinued, this is a problem, because I haven't committed to a...
  2. M

The Wreck of the Penn Central

I wasn't born in the Penn Central Days, but I do remember Conrail. It was more fun back in those days. Class 1 railroads are a tad bland today.
  3. M

The Wreck of the Penn Central

Any of you guys read the book The Wreck of the Penn Central? I'm about 100 something pages into it and it is quiet the story. I'm more into the business of railroading and I'm just wondering if any of you guys read that book and what you think of the whole thing? -Mike
  4. M

Conrail Rolling Stock

What was the deal with the 40ft cars why did they end up as economically obsolete?
  5. M

Conrail Rolling Stock

Hey Everyone, Lately I've been back on the wagon (had a slower end of the winter, because I was switching jobs and I'll tell you what switching jobs can be a drag beyond comprehension at time.) Any how I have a question about Conrail Box Cars, is there a web site or somewhere that talks about...
  6. M

I love it it's great

Thanks for that advice
  7. M

I love it it's great

Today I bought for $55.00 this 1980s Athearn B&O DD40X. I know your thinking "The B&O didn't have any DD40X locomotives." You're right they didn't. In fact I said to the guy "The DD40X was a Union Pacific Locomotive." He goes "Yeah I know, but in the 1980s they just made, locomotives in any...
  8. M

Where can I buy rolling stock sets?

Hi guys, I added an ethanol plant on to my layout and I would like to know, where can I buy you know like 3-6 ethanol tankers at once and 3-6 covered corn hoppers at once? I hate to just buy one tank car at a time that doesn't make a whole lot of sense especially because who get's one tank...
  9. M

The railroad construction might get delayed

I'm switching from working for a private company to working for a municipality as a city worker. The pays lower, but everything else about working for the city vacation, retirement, all that jazz is way better. Plus get to broaden my horizon and train and learn all sorts of new and different...
  10. M

The railroad construction might get delayed

Oh it's sad, but it's going to happen, switching careers here, and probably going to be leaving the private sector and going into the public sector. My private sector job pays much much better then the job I would be switching to in the public sector, but my public sector job is a job I can...
  11. M

Beer Trucks/Decales

All of those Coors, Bud and Miller
  12. M

Beer Trucks/Decales

There's some stuff on ebay I can use, that's for sure!
  13. M

Beer Trucks/Decales

Eww I'll look that up on ebay.
  14. M

Beer Trucks/Decales

Boley does make the straight body side loaders and I have one of there's. Yesterday I bought from Walthers the Pike Stuff Diamond Tool and Die Company building. I'm not going to use that building as a tool and die shop instead I am going to use it as an add on and maybe kit bash it with Walthers...
  15. M

Beer Trucks/Decales

Hi everyone, I'm thinking about changing my layout plans now and adding another beverage distributor business to my layout. That being said Athearn has a very nice, but discontinued selection of Ford C trucks that are side loader beer trucks, but I can't get them anymore. Anyhow, anyone...
  16. M

Hey Everyone!

That's cool I'll probably start buying all my new locomotives as DCC and use the non DCC ones has helpers stuff like that.
  17. M

Hey Everyone!

What is DCC? I know it's the controlling option for the trains. I have some newer locomotives that are DCC and some older ones that are not DCC.
  18. M

Videos on how to install Kaydee Couplers

I did a half a car today and it was fairly easy. I'm missing the little screws though so it's going to be impossible to make it all work until I get those little screws.
  19. M

Videos on how to install Kaydee Couplers

Do you guys know of any good videos that show how to instal Kaydee Couplers on an Athearn Locomotive? I have one right now that I need to instal the couplers on and I'm not seeing how it's supposed to come together. I see how to instal them on the cars that's not to awful hard, but the...
  20. M

Transformers

I did upgrade to a larger power supply, trains running fine right now. It seems to happen at lower speeds.

Back