Search results

1. jeffrey-wimberly

Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLV

37 degrees in Rosepine Louisiana this morning. Low was 28.
  2. jeffrey-wimberly

With your luck it's probably just SNOW!
  3. jeffrey-wimberly

Had a visit from one of the reps at the Hanger clinic today. They're in the process of making not one but two prosthetic legs for me. Anew one for the left leg and a re-sized replacement for the right leg. I learned today that I will have a new TV to watch by Monday. Most of my time consists of...
  4. jeffrey-wimberly

Had baked fish for dinner. Tasted like flounder that had floundered! All L can say is breakfast better be fantastic! Got an appointment with my and I didn't quite know what expect. They had to do one leg at a time. Theywired up the left leg and set the machines parameters. I slept through most...
  5. jeffrey-wimberly

Had baked fish for dinner. Tasted like flounder that had floundered! All L can say is breakfast better be fantastic! Got an appointment with my primary doctor in Leesville tomorrow morning. Appt time is 9:45. My physical therapist is shocked at how agile and able I am. Today we were standing i...
  6. jeffrey-wimberly

Got my staples out today. Now just a matter of time until the prosthesis is made.
  7. jeffrey-wimberly

Physical therapy this morning. I had to leave the class to take care of some urgent personal business. When I returned the instructor asked me what happened. I hit her with one Johnny Carson's old jokes. "This just in... A Delta flight in trouble made an emergency landing at Dallas\FortWorth...
  8. jeffrey-wimberly

No. Of course not.
  9. jeffrey-wimberly

Physical therapy this morning. One of the therapists had me standing between the parallel bars. Two and a half minutes this time. She said I needed to work on my balance so I stood straight, held onto one of the bars with my left hand and slapped her right shoulder with my right hand then did...
  10. jeffrey-wimberly

[I][B] I have no intention of paying any attention to them. A dirty look or thinly veiled threat of harm usually deters them quite nicely.
  11. jeffrey-wimberly

Funny thing happened this morning. I was getting ready to leave the dining hall and I packing up my condiments [Tabasco Chipotle sauce and Heinz Tabasco ketchup] when a guy at another table said I couldn't take them, I had to leave them at the table. I turned to him and said they were my...
  12. jeffrey-wimberly

I love that photo of the B&O F units!
  13. jeffrey-wimberly

A short time ago I had a 68 year od man telling me he couldn't get off a coach and onto his wheelchair. I'm a super positive thinker! Don't tell me you CAN'T do something. This guy has all his limbs and he has the ability to do it. But he chooses to whine about not being able to do it because...
  14. jeffrey-wimberly

For lunch today we had fried catfish and hushpuppies. Now the nurse can't figure out why my blood sugar level is over 500. Duh! Having crab salad, garden salad and a zest cookie for dinner tonight. Got a new guy in the home today. He spends a lot of time talking about his favorite subject...
  15. jeffrey-wimberly

I like the BIG toys
  16. jeffrey-wimberly

Slept in this morning. Got up at 2:45. Went to the dining hall, turned on the lights and both TV's then made a slow trip down each hall before going back to my room. My roommate was still asleep. Sounded like he was sleeping good as the saws were running at full speed. No plans for today except...
  17. jeffrey-wimberly

Thanks. One thing that stands out here is that my determination and mobility is greater than that of patients who have all their limbs. I can move from my bed to my wheelchair with little effort as well as dress myself unattended. The biggest challenge is getting from the chair to the toilet and...
  18. jeffrey-wimberly

Nurses here look great but I don't find them worth chasing. Physical therapy is going well. Yesterday I was doing their exercises while wearing thirty-five pounds of strap-on weights to negate my extra strength over the other participants. Even so I scored well above them. Their average weight...
  19. jeffrey-wimberly

Something heard in this retirement home and mainly from me when the phone rings is 'Joe's crab shack, we got legs!'. It frequently gets a laugh.
  20. jeffrey-wimberly

I apparently got a tiny amount of the banana treat and it made me quite sick. I got over it in time for dinner.

Back