Search results

1. Eddystone

Problems with Microscale decals

According to their website, they charge $6.00 shipping for under one pound regardless of what you buy. That makes a $4.00 bottle of Micro Sol cost $10.00 delivered. An $8.00 sheet of decals will run you $14.00 delivered. I wouldn't call that highway robbery, but I wouldn't call it actual cost...
  2. Eddystone

Acrylics....

The Badger paint is sold as "Badger Model Flex Acrylic Paint" and they have traditional railroad colors, if you decide you need them. It seems as if the suppliers on eBay are about the same on price and considerably less for shipping. If you talk to the seller before bidding, you can usually...
  3. Eddystone

Erie Railroad Yellow Color Matching?

Any suggestions about matching the yellow used in the Erie black and yellow livery? A lot of older photos and some current models seem to show a a paler shade of yellow (for example my Proto 2000 FA2) that isn't quite prototypical. My Athearn Erie PA1 definitely has a more "orangey" shade of...
  4. Eddystone

MRC tech 4 schematics

Anyone ever get their hands on a copy of these? MRC tech 4 schematics
  5. Eddystone

Proto/Life-Like cracked gear suggestions/frustrations

Just to further confirm, the Athearn 60024 gears work fine for the four-wheel trucks like my F2s. You get a pack of six gears for around $5, so two packs do three four-wheel truck engines like the F2 or BL2. It's an easy fix that only takes about 15 min per engine. I have not taken my E-units...
  6. Eddystone

Have Original Loco Number Plate - Building Model

I have the original number plate from the front of Erie N-1 Mikado 3043 that was scrapped around 1952. A railroad worker gave it to my uncle who passed it on to me. I have two or three photos of 3043 in operation and awaiting repair or scrapping. I would like to model this engine, but I am on a...
  7. Eddystone

Typical Voltages for non-DCC layouts

Mark, My layout consists of a 300 ft long straight shelf with turntables at each end, so I need the speed! ;-) But seriously, folks, right now I am just running on an oval about six feet end to end with 18" curves. The trains just look slow at 13 volts and the headlights are somewhat dim. At...
  8. Eddystone

Thanks, Cary! Interesting that the standard only sates that at least 12v should be available but doesn't mention an upper limit. RP-9 Electrical, however states that supplies must "produce between 12v and 16v while delivering rated current." So technically, that 16v should be the upper limit...
  9. Eddystone

Thanks for the reply. Would you say that the 12v you quote is for current state of the art stuff? I'm finding that I need to catch up on newer technology, and sometimes what was good for my original series Proto 2000 locos is not what's good for today's new engines. Locos designed with DCC and...
  10. Eddystone

I'm new here, so I hope it's okay to post this question in this section. I'm getting back into the hobby after a long break. Most of my locos are mid-90's, and none of it is DCC. I have set up a temporary oval of Atlas track (the original stuff with the black roadbed under the ties) on which to...

Back