Search results

1. Resqnu

Using Great Stuff foam question

Thinking of using the Great Stuff spray foam for creating my mountain w/waterfall and a few other hills. I have already built the foundation, but want to use the foam to fill in and build up the landscape. I have watched a very few videos and haven't found the answers I need yet. Once it is...
  2. Resqnu

Keeping locos on the table

I want to install something around the edge of the table in case of a derailment. Areas of the outer track are close to the edge and I don't want $$ locos crashing to the floor. My initial thoughts are thin plexiglass or some type of wood mounted 1"-2" high would keep the locos on the track. I...
  3. Resqnu

Woody & Son Railroad (WSR)

Here goes. Starting my L shaped HO layout with 2- 4x8 tables. Foam laid and getting ready to install grass. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Resqnu

Comparing loco brands for newbie

Not trying to start a war, just need some general idea of the quality and price between brands. How would you guys rate the different brands by name (I understand the lists are personal preference). Just want some idea how the brands stack up and how they compare and a good value/price brand.
  5. Resqnu

Question on Quantum dcc loco

I thinking about purchasing a NIB Broadway Limited Class J 4-8-4 with a Quantum QSI dcc chip that was purchased in 2006-2007. Seller states it has never been used except to test and make sure it was running correctly. From videos I've seen, I like the sounds and performance for the Broadway...
  6. Resqnu

Layout advice for L shape layout

I built 2 8x4 tables and arranged them into an L shape. I'm designing a HO layout for me and my 5 year old son. This will be our first DCC layout. Don't want anything too complicated but looking for ideas from you guys experience. I will have a few small roads on the outside or near the edge so...
  7. Resqnu

Advice converting dc locos to dcc

I purchased 2 new Bachmann Kits a month ago to start our train venture. Since I can planning on converting my track to dcc (non-sound), can anyone offer a little assistance with converting these locos to dcc. I feel comfortable with soldering, but can't seem to find much info on converting...
  8. Resqnu

Newbie with DCC questions

Hi guys, I’m new on the forum and new to MRR. I purchased 2 Bachmann kits for me and my 5 year old 3 weeks ago. I’m 47 years old and I’ve always wanted a nice HO train setup, so now that my son is an train fanatic, I can easily justify it…lol. I have read a lot and learned quickly as I want to...

Back