Search results

1. josephbw

Rapido announcement new HO Chevrolets

https://rapidotrains.com/products/ho-scale/model-vehicles/ho-scale-chevrolet-caprice-impala
  2. josephbw

DCMRRC has CANCELLED our March 7, 2021 show in Greenville, OH

Due to the china virus, we have decided to cancel our train show in March. Hopefully things will be back to normal for our 2022 show. For more info contact Sam Bashore at 937-548-0059.
  3. josephbw

Where can I find the road signs.

That were in the sliding pictures earlier today. I tried to print a page and my printer was having issues. Now I'm trying to find them again and every search parameter that I use comes up empty. Thanks, Joe
  4. josephbw

NWSL News

NorthWest Short Line Press Release For Immediate Release"NorthWest Short Line is pleased to announce that the entire line has been acquired by an NWSL employee, effective September 3rd, 2019. All existing back orders will be filled, and NWSL will be open to new orders as soon as the new websites...
  5. josephbw

New Oxford HO models

Here is a link to new vehicle models from Oxford. They have high quality, inexpensive models that look great on any layout. These are for future delivery, but they are going to be on my layout as soon as they are available. Enjoy! https://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/collections/1-87 Joe
  6. josephbw

Who makes the best...........

code 70 rail joiners? And I may also need some transition 83 to 70 joiners. I won't be using insulated joiners, never liked how they held the rail. Thank you, Joe
  7. josephbw

Loco speakers opinions

What speakers do you recommend for fairly full range output for an 8 ohm 1 watt speaker w/ enclosure? I have found that MRC speakers rattle and sound fuzzy, but Digitrax sound pretty good, but the ones with enclosures are fairly large. I looked at Knowles Grand speaker but Digi-Key doesn't stock...
  8. josephbw

What would you do?

As President of our local model railroad club, I have the unenviable task of pointing out a members objectionable body odor. I only see him at operating sessions twice a month. He has been a member for a little over 2 years, and I can remember only one time when he must have bathed within the...
  9. josephbw

Problem with club engine

We have a Life Like by Walthers GP-20 at the club that has had issues, been repaired, now has more issues. This engine was bought at a flea market, and we've had it about 4-5 years. Several months ago the engine developed the dreaded split gear lope. I ordered new Athearn gears, bored out the...
  10. josephbw

? for the Canadian steam experts

I was watching a video of the restoration of the CN 2816 4-6-4 tonight. In one shot they had the engineer at the throttle and right in front of him was a round object that looked similar to a small trailer wheel. Is that the throttle, or what does it do? It was about 12" in dia., and maybe 5-6...
  11. josephbw

I got my Rail Pro today

I ordered the Rail Pro system from Yankee Dabbler on Sat. afternoon, and received it this morning at 11:30. That's 2 days from NJ to western Ohio including Sunday! :) I'll have to install a decoder and some track, then fire up the system and test it out. I'll follow up later.
  12. josephbw

LED layout lighting

Has anyone used LED's to light their layout? I bought a case of LED fixtures from China, but with a 60% failure rate, I'm not going to use them. Now I'm thinking about using the LED's that come on a reel with about 16' of adhesive backed strips per reel. My plan is to install metal corner beads...
  13. josephbw

Turnout control w/motorized switches

When I finally get my layout going, I want to use motorized turnouts like Tortoise, or servos. I would also like to set them up like I did for our club using Peco switches and a diode matrix to eliminate backfeeding of other turnouts. The purpose would be to throw multiple switches with one...
  14. josephbw

Shock and Awe

I was completely blindsided last week. I went to my Dr. for my semi annual blood work on Tues., and while there I told him about a tightness in my throat upon exertion that started getting worse recently. He talked me into a stress test on Weds., which I flunked. Then that led to a heart cath...
  15. josephbw

Trainworld exceeded my expectations today.

I have been purchasing model RR equipment mostly from Trainworld recently due to the lower cost , fast shipping, and excellent selection. I sent in an order last night that was big enough to earn the $50 Fathers Day discount. I always send it in with the provision to cancel out of stock items...
  16. josephbw

BLI Rolling Thunder decoders and sound unit.

I received an e-mail this morning from Trainworld announcing they are taking backorders for the new BLI sound system with a sub woofer to capture the low frequency sounds. Here is a link to their web page with more info...
  17. josephbw

They did it to me again!

I was the President of our local model RR club for over 20 years, then retired for health reasons. Yesterday I was elected President once again even though I didn't vote for myself. :D Oh well, it's not like I don't know how to do the job.
  18. josephbw

Anyone tried Rail Pro?

I haven't bought any control equipment yet, and have been looking at Digitrax. Today I took a serious look at Rail Pro by Ring Engineering. It looks like a unique, easy system, but I'm always skeptical of "New & Improved" claims. Have any of you installed or used this system? I would appreciate...
  19. josephbw

LED ceiling fixtures

Have any of you ever used LED fixtures for layout lighting? I've been thinking about using these lights, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B07MA5K/ref=pe_62810_137909200_em_1p_6_ti . Or maybe these...
  20. josephbw

Just 1 letter can make a world of difference.

I was reading a story about a professional photographer that used HO vehicles in his photos. The article said that the cars were very highly detailed and made by Riko. So I get on the interweb and do a search for Riko. What pops up but a website teaser extolling the virtues of a lovely Japanese...

Back