Search results

1. R

Building a BNSF business car fleet.

I had posed this question on a yahoo group page sometime back, and thanks Josh for the help! Im now starting this project of building a small fleet of BNSF business cars. So far have 1 car, and 2 on order. Im not planning on making dead on exact models of each car, but looking for reasonable...
  2. R

caterpillar load for an intermountain flat car

I finally picked up a load for my intermountain flat car. its a caterpillar 950g endloader. how do I add the chains that come with the flat car to secure the load/ i also picked up some balsa wood to trim down, and use shoe dye, to chock the wheels. any pics would help alot! thanks guys
  3. R

BNSFgenesis trinity hopper paint color matches

Last night dumped 3 of my athearn trinity hoppers to the floor at the club. Well, 1 is going to make it, another is being rebuilt with parts from the other one. Luckily its goin pretty well with the main bodies being intact, its all the A end on 1, and the B end on the other that got mashed up...
  4. R

Rochelle railroad park

The shop at the Rochelle railroad park will be closing this coming weekend. If you live in the area, may be worth taking a trip up there, possibly get some good deals on stuff. If you have ever been to the park, the shop there had a bunch of items, including model trains. Consigners as well as...
  5. R

BNSF SD40-2 decals

http://www.locophotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=92199 This is the model Im currently been detailing out. My question is, can anybody recognize the 2 decals, 1 on the stepwell, and 1 underneath the brakewheel? Ive havent come up with anything, just trying to find a match so I can finish this...
  6. R

ATSF antenna stands

Whats up everyone! Got a questions for ya. I've been looking to make some of the larger antenna stands. I know DW and other manufacturers have made them, but, I would like to make my own out of wire and styrene. The question is, what thickness of styrene to use, and the best way to make the legs...
  7. R

Intermountain coupler boxes

Hey everyone, got 1 for ya. I recently picked up 5 Intermountain 19,600 gallon tank cars at an awesome price. Well, 1 of them had a coupler that angled badly. I took it apart, and it appears to be an accumate type coupler. Anywho, id like to switch over to Kadee's, the #5 is too wide for there...
  8. R

LBF HO coalporters

Hey everyone, quick question. I picked up 18 of the LBF coalporters lettered for the Eric Brooman's Utah Belt when they came out with the privitization series, and got a great deal on them!!! Anyways, Ive noticed that some of the coupler pockets on a couple of the cars have " blown out " the...
  9. R

atlas bodyshell paint removal

has anyone attempted removing paint from an atlas bodyshell, if so what did ya soak it in?? Im use to the athearn shells you can soak in brake fluid. So, any help would be appreciated, THANKS!!!!
  10. R

GP40X needs TLC

I picked up an Athearn RTR BNSF GP40X #3035 off of ebay about 1 month go. It had some minor issues with it such as loose fuel tank, and a couple of the sideframes need replacement. But, not described was a small dent, looks like from heat, about the width of a BIC pen to the engineers side...
  11. R

speed recorders

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=727014 check out this link. Does anyone have an idea who makes a speed recorder like this? Ive checked DW and DA, w/o luck. I may have passed it up, who knows?!?!!? Anywho, any info would help a bunch!!! Thanks crew!!!
  12. R

printing your own decals

Has anyone ever attempted to print your own decals? I currently have a Dell inkjet type printer, 1 of the upper line models. Ive been wanting to attempt to print my own numbers for some BN engines and would love to have a single set to apply versus the " cut each single number and hope they are...
  13. R

SD50 q fans

I am wanting to replace a set of Q fans on an athearn Sd50. The only reason is I am missing 1. Anybody reccomend a good part to replace these with?? Thanks!!!
  14. R

KCS grey paint matching

I am looking to paint a pair of KCS SD50's. Im trying to find a reasonable over-the-counter close grey paint match for these units. Ive been reviewing pictures of the units online, but cant seem to narrow it down to a good color. Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

Back