Search results

1. R

Building a BNSF business car fleet.

I saw the pic tonight at the LHS, its more then likely the Glacier View, full dome theater car.
  2. R

i dont have the issue, but, will check it out the next time im at the LHS! looks very cool!!!
  3. R

not sure, when did the issue come out? couldve been a special, or, couldve been mistaken for a few cars they have that are ex commuter cars, bought and rehabbed by transisco tours, and bought by BN then rebuilt again by BNSF!
  4. R

found the sleeper! It is an ATSF ex 4-4-2 regal sleeper, this model is built for the SFRHMS. This car will match the cajon, Raton, Donner, and Rollins Pass cars for the set. http://atsfrr.net/store/Sides/Regal.htm
  5. R

Im looking for a sleeper close to this, http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1554198. I dont know how to tell what kinda of sleeper it is by the windows, the arraingment is the same on the other side also.
  6. R

Very nice lot! Unfortunatly the Athearn cars would take too much work to rework them. Thanks for the offer though!
  7. R

Been highly interested in seeing the theatre car myself, no pics can be found! I was looking into redoing the skirting around the trucks on the kato trucks to make it closer the prototype. Not quite sure how im goin to do it though. And id like to redo the back end of the platform railing to...
  8. R

not even a hint? this is like christmas lol
  9. R

Well here is what im going to use for the mountain view/valley view car. http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/932-6780 Its pretty close, may attempt to fill in 1 of the small windows, adding 1 maybe a pain, but could be omitted as long as I can get the idea across. here is the real valley...
  10. R

I had posed this question on a yahoo group page sometime back, and thanks Josh for the help! Im now starting this project of building a small fleet of BNSF business cars. So far have 1 car, and 2 on order. Im not planning on making dead on exact models of each car, but looking for reasonable...
  11. R

caterpillar load for an intermountain flat car

thanks for the pics! Funnelfan, I see the locations, did you place the load first, then mount the chains? looks like 4 on the rear, 2 sides and 1 across the front? Also, you placed them in the middle and side channels? Thanks
  12. R

the IMRC cars come with plastic chain links with the pretensioner attached to tightin it down. I ve been looking for pics to study locations and such, but, no luck so far.
  13. R

I finally picked up a load for my intermountain flat car. its a caterpillar 950g endloader. how do I add the chains that come with the flat car to secure the load/ i also picked up some balsa wood to trim down, and use shoe dye, to chock the wheels. any pics would help alot! thanks guys
  14. R

BNSFgenesis trinity hopper paint color matches

Last night dumped 3 of my athearn trinity hoppers to the floor at the club. Well, 1 is going to make it, another is being rebuilt with parts from the other one. Luckily its goin pretty well with the main bodies being intact, its all the A end on 1, and the B end on the other that got mashed up...
  15. R

GP40X needs TLC

WOW, I didnt even know this thread was still around LOL!!! Long story short, I was able to sell the unit on ebay last spring. I did get a new BNSF 1 in trade, but since im changing themes and going freelance, im actually trying to dump a bunch of BNSF units ive done, and keeping just a select...
  16. R

Athern HO scale kits

Ive usually used the provided screw, predrilled the holes with it, the placed the truck on the body and screwed it on. The screw goes in alot easier, and goes all the way in with little resistance. Of course youll need to adjust the screw so the truck turns side to side w/o issue, this should...
  17. R

Rochelle railroad park

Well, took a run out there today as things was packing up. Got some hugely great deals on a pair of proto GP60's for santa fe and a couple BNSF trinity hoppers. But, on a side note, this wouldve been the pinnacle to my day and I just missed it. Mr. Eric Brooman of Utah Belt fame was out there...
  18. R

Rochelle railroad park

It really bites! The park at the diamonds will still remain, I highly reccomend gettin out there for the day! The shop on the other hand, there is alot of speculation that the city is trying to pry into things out there and what they want hurts the people who have run it in the present and past...
  19. R

Rochelle railroad park

The shop at the Rochelle railroad park will be closing this coming weekend. If you live in the area, may be worth taking a trip up there, possibly get some good deals on stuff. If you have ever been to the park, the shop there had a bunch of items, including model trains. Consigners as well as...

Back