Search results

1. FM C liner

Short video of my 4 x 6 HO layout.

Here is a video I made of my basic HO layout. It's nothing fancy, just messing around with the camera. Thanks for watching. Scott https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UayFAW4lfxo&list=UUDRrNhfqXI2OLd0bZss3mZg
  2. FM C liner

60' Harriman on 18" radius?

Hey everyone, I just posted my issue I created by purchasing the wrong size passenger cars for my layout. I am wondeing if a 60' Harriman car will run and look good on 18" radius? I found some roundhouse kits on ebay and was wondering if that might work. Let me know what you think. Thanks again...
  3. FM C liner

I am stupid!!!!!

Hey guys, I purchased a IHC Southern Pacific daylight coach and a baggage car from ebay, it arrived today and noted that the coach car is longer than I expected it to be. I have 18" radius curves and noted the coach does not look right on the curves. Also noted the the couplers on the coach are...
  4. FM C liner

Applying decals

Hey guys, I just purchased a undecorated steam locomotive, I picked up some decals for it and I heve a few questions about it. I noted that I need a gloss coat to apply the decals, does that mean I need to spray the hole locomotive or jusy the parts that get decals? What brand of gloss should I...
  5. FM C liner

Problem with steam loco

Hey guys, I recieved my first steam loco the other day, it was working great until I took the tender wheels off to lube them. When I took them off one of the wheel wipers came off. I put it back on and replaced the wheels. I placed it back on the layout to run it and nothing happened. I thought...
  6. FM C liner

Steam Locomotive

Hey guys, I am looking into possibly purchasing a HO steam loco. I have looked on ebay and noted that IHC seems to be pretty well priced for what I am looking for, they appear to have some detail and most are in good condition. I am not so sure about bachmann, specially the older models. I think...
  7. FM C liner

Wheel sets

Hey guys, I know this is a basic question. How do I know what size wheels I need for rolling stock? I want to change the plastic wheels to metal. I see 33" and 36" are pretty standard, are the sizes based on wheel diameter or the distance between the inside of the wheels? I just want to make...
  8. FM C liner

Just want to say thank you!!

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say thank you for all the positive feedback and advice from the folks on this forum. I would like to especially thank Nscaler and JimT for all the help and generosity. Sorry,not trying to be to sappy here but I really do appreciate the help and knowledge from this...
  9. FM C liner

Varney Straemline passenger car truck

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone would know where I could find a 4 wheel streamline truck. I purchased 3 cars from a guy on e-bay, all the cars look pretty good, just need one more truck. I contacted Kadee but they only make freight trucks. The trucks are srpung on these cars. I would...
  10. FM C liner

My beginner HO layout, 4 x 6 in my garage

Hi everyone, I know you guys like pics, so I thought I would put some up of my very novice HO layout. As you can see the track is just sitting on the wood right now. I hope to have foam board on soon and then the roadbed and so on. I know it is pretty basic but it is all I can really do money...
  11. FM C liner

Hello everyone!!!!

Just wanted to introduce myself, I am a new model railroader and looking forward to learning from all of you who have been in this a while. I am building a small layout in my garage that is HO scale. Thanks for this forum. Scott Lathrop Ca.:cool:

Back