Search results

1. Alcomotive

My Loot from the Amherst Train Show 2024

Well another year and another Amherst Train Show at the Big E in West Springfield MA. I only went on Saturday. I will report this, it was a full, full, full day! Lots of new vendors were at hand and some new faces. Lombard hobbies was there for their first time! I got to meet Darryl Kruse a...
  2. Alcomotive

An Old D&H hopper that was saved from being scrapped for one dollar!

So here is an old D&H hopper that was saved from being scrapped. A person known to me had bought it from the scrap yard for $1 dollar to save it for history sake. Pretty cool! Currenty it is in West Springield, MA I will not disclose the exact location. This will end up being restored for...
  3. Alcomotive

My Loot from the Amherst Train Show 2023

So here we go! My loot from the show.....
  4. Alcomotive

2023 Amherst Train Show at the "Big E" in West Springfield, MA

So here are some pictures of the show. I did not take many as I was so focused on get items for myself. 1st up on the way to the show, the yard near by had this CSX car there and we stopped to take a quick picture of it....
  5. Alcomotive

My JTEX/Aurora & Portland aka wheeler1963 (Jerome) & MGWSY (Mark) collection

I decided to do a small thread showing off some of my collections that I attained over the years from Jerome and Marks work of art. These guys were/are true crafstman of their trade. Mark unfortunately passed away at young age with terrible ailments that he fought for a long time back in 2017...
  6. Alcomotive

LORAM Units RG404 LMIX3404 (Grinders) Lake Champlain, Moriah NY Siding 11-20-2022

Caught these units in the siding in Moriah, NY Siding 11-19-2022 on the old D&H line now CP line. Got some good close ups etc. Enjoy!
  7. Alcomotive

The 40th anniversary of the Batten Kill Railroad in Cambridge Upstate New York, Saturday, 10-22-2022

So I went to the Celebration for the 40th anniversary of the Batten Kill Railroad in Cambridge Upstate New York on Saturday. It was an absolute beautiful day. The weather was just gorgeous! All the locomotives that was there were ALCOs very cool! There was even a caboose there as well. There...
  8. Alcomotive

BNSF yard at Haslet, Texas 06-11-2022

So I took a bunch of random pictures with out getting in the way. Most of the shots from taken from the truck we were in. I was worried to disrespect or tresspass etc. I still managed to get a few shots that I really like. There is about 40 pics so here they all are.....
  9. Alcomotive

My score, my loot, my treasures....from the 2022 Amherst Train Show!

Well I got a little bit of everything today. Scenery supplies, box cars, kits, detail parts, decoders, sound decoders & speaker.......even a new upgrade for the layout. drum roll please! Up first...... This older couple I have seen for years has decided to call it quits. They were getting...
  10. Alcomotive

2022 Amherst Train Show at the Big "E"

Here are some pictures I took that I thought were of interest.....enjoy.
  11. Alcomotive

Shenware - MiTrains, Waybills, MiShops, Freight car Pictures, Scaler, IndMan, Tutorial......

Many of you know I use MiTrains and Waybills from Peter White the owner and developer of Shenware products. He and I spoke recently as I was seeking upgrades. I have been using this program since 2002 in the early days. It is by far the best programming out there for inventory and Waybills...
  12. Alcomotive

Car Interchange...Revival?

Many, many, many moons ago.......on a far, far and away past of trials and tribulations. This modelrailroadforums group members...... a select few mind you embarked on a 1st beta run program of doing a car interchange between active members. I have been wondering if a select few members would...
  13. Alcomotive

BACHMANN HO SCALE SD70ACe Diesel DCC/SOUND

Does any one have any of these BACHMANN HO SCALE SD70ACe Diesel DCC/SOUND locomotives? I am looking for input on these. I have not had a chance to see one in person. I want to hear from ya'll what your thoughts/opinions are on these. Thanks in advance.....
  14. Alcomotive

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

So a few weeks ago I mentioned in the coffee shop about starting a thread for "Mail Call" a few of you thought it would be a good idea so here we go! This thread would pertain to any Model Railroad related items you ordered and received for your MRR or other. So include your picture and tell...
  15. Alcomotive

Old Varney Brass Tender For Sale for one of you steam guys!

What I have here is an old Varney brass tender. I have had this a long time. I bought in Arkansas 25 plus years ago. I planned to use it but I have now decided to part ways with it. Everything seems complete minus couplers and draw-bar. Built solid. These things go for a hefty prices. I...
  16. Alcomotive

Timken Tank Car

If anyone has one of these or know where I can get my hands one let me know please......
  17. Alcomotive

A new beginning...JRs UPRR.

Starting to go through my inventory as I prepare my build on the bench work. I have had all my MRR stuff stored for a few years. So it's like Christmas morning opening all these boxes lol. So so many totes and boxes. All will be out before long.
  18. Alcomotive

Steam car

19. Alcomotive

WTB: SD40-2 Chassis from RTR Athearn

Hey guys I am not having luck with evil bay as of yet but I am looking for a chassis from the RTR series of Athearn (NOT BB Ath) It needs to be for a SD40-2. I have a shell I want to put on it. Thanks for your help in advance!
  20. Alcomotive

Athearn part

Hey guys I am looking for some athearn truck frames. I wanted to check with you guys before I contact Athearn. I need 6 sets of Bettendorff truck frames. I do not need the wheels. the part number is ATH90400...but like I said I wanted to see if any one had any they wanted to part with...

Back