Search results

1. Suzie

DCC Reverse Loop Questions

If your trains are no longer than the yellow section between the two turnouts then you will have no problem at all. If they are longer then it will be well worth trying to make the yellow section at least as long as the longest train that will use the reverse loop. It could be possible to move...
  2. Suzie

DCC decoders: what should I use?

It is a shame that you are having trouble getting the MX600R. These are exceptionally good value for money even now they are 25% dearer here in the UK. Might be worth trying to find an Austrian or German supplier (they are made in Austria). They are so popular that they are often out of stock.
  3. Suzie

OO vs HO

Because of the way that 00 uses track that is too narrow for the scale, rather than H0 which uses stock that is a little too wide for the scale, it is possible to fit P4 wheelsets in to 00 scale models to convert to finescale with the correct 18.83mm gauge track without changing the models too...
  4. Suzie

my bachmann ez command isnt working

The socket in the EZ Command where you can plug in your DC controller as a slave controller.
  5. Suzie

American Flyer Reverse Loops

I would do it a little different The small blue lines indicate where the outer rail should be isolated. If you switch turnouts 'A' and 'B' in conjunction with reversing the polarity of the reverse loop feed it will keep things very simple. With the switch in one position you will be able to...
  6. Blackpool 'Balloon' tram

Blackpool 'Balloon' tram

A Blackpool 'Balloon' tram photographed on 'Tram Day' at Fleetwood
  7. Suzie

my bachmann ez command isnt working

It does sound like the E-Z command is faulty. One more thing to try is to plug your DC controller in to the jump-port on the E-Z Command and see if that will control a DC loco that way, and then set the DC controller to stop and try running your DCC locos again. Some of the Bachmann decoders are...
  8. Suzie

Signaling a complex junction

You can mix and match 3-head and 2-head masts, you just have the number of heads needed to show the aspect. Especially when some masts will offer fewer routes you will need fewer heads. A dozen masts is a lot, and you will not fit a very long train in to 5' in H0. Which signal system will you...
  9. Suzie

Signaling a complex junction

Hi Todd I will stick my oar in now. I think your initial thoughts are not too far from the mark. I am assuming that the mains are all bi-directional (you could lose two of the masts if they are not), rather than right-hand or left-hand running double tracks. The use of three head signals can...
  10. Suzie

Servo jitter with long leads

It looks like there is a problem with the impedance of the device generating the servo pulses, adding the resistor lowers the impedance. This needs to be a low impedance in order to quench interference on the signal line to the servo (some servos have an excessively high input impedance!)...
  11. Suzie

Insulated Frog or elecro frog for DCC

Unifrog is the answer. It has a metal frog that is very small, smaller than the plastic frog of insulfrog, so you can choose whether you wire the frog and use it as live frog, or leave it unconnected and use it as dead frog. The unifrogs to not come wired for power routing so traditional DC...
  12. Suzie

Power source for lighting

If buying a power supply specifically for lighting I would get a USB charger since lighting nowadays is all LED based. The USB chargers are very readily available and very cheap. I single 3A USB-C phone charger can run at least 150 LEDs and being only 5V you will not have to worry about too much...
  13. Suzie

Frog Juicer as Auto Reverser.

It will be better to put the breaks in the outer rails of the point feeding the loop as in this diagram. There is no need to isolate the frog (live frog is best for this situation) because both rails will always be at the same potential. The only issue you might have is how much current draw...
  14. Suzie

Show Your Face

I am at the Manchester Museum of Science and Technology with a class 77 1500V DC locomotive. It was sold to Holland and then repatriated so still carries the dutch livery and number rather than its British Rail livery.
  15. Suzie

DCC wiring problem (reverse loop)

You will be best using the section of track from T8 (including T8) over the bridge to T3. As long as you only have one train on this section you will be fine. You will need to use insulated joiners on both rails approaching T3 (not just the frog rail) and the outer rails of T8 rather than the...

Back