Search results

1. B

Insulated or Electric?

OK, so I finally made up my mind on what track to use for the majority of my planned layout: PECO Code 80. The loco service facility will be Atlas Code 80. The other planned 4 stages will be primarily two track main line with a few modest industrial yards. I will run a small SW2 in one...
  2. B

What Kind Of Cork Roadbed Are You Using?

Now that I've decided to go flex & cork: What manufacture roadbed are you using? Where can I get a couple of boxes? What are you using in your yards? Thanks!!
  3. B

Is N-Scale Model Railroading Getting Better?

I just wanted to bounce a few observations around with brethren N-Scalers. I started into N-Scale in 1980. Like 21st Century newcomers, I was attracted to the large amount of railroading in a small space and the great mechanical aspect of the tiny locomotives. There were only two hobby shops in...
  4. B

Anyone Using Kato Uni-Track? Pics Please!

I am getting back into the hobby after about 15 years or so away. All of my old Atlas track got ruined in a house flood 6 years ago. I purchase some Kato track, primarily so I could set it up on a table or floor and maintain my locomotives, some of which are over 30 years old. So...I could use...
  5. B

Another N Scaler Starting Over!

Hello from NW Indiana! I have been away from N scale (and model trains) for over 10 years now. I have been into N Scale since the early 1980's and still have some functioning engines from then. My last layout at my current home was a great walk in 13 x 8 circuit that I stood in the center of...

Back