Search results

1. A2TwrOpr

Kicking Horse River Sub

Peter, I love the rock work you've done. It's been fun watching your layout come to life and take shape!
  2. A2TwrOpr

My bnsf layout

Thanks fellas. I've got a layout in the works now, the Los Angeles junction railway. It's modeled after the real LAJ which is a switching railroad operating about 64 miles of track in the Los Angeles area. It's owner by the Santa Fe so I can use my Santa Fe power on the layout.
  3. A2TwrOpr

Weathering of tracks

I think you made a good attempt to weather the track but it's too orange looking to me. The simple way is to just spray paint the track a rustoleum brown. I use that and then have even gone in and misted a lighter brown over that. That will give you good looking track and is easy to do plus it...
  4. A2TwrOpr

My bnsf layout

I haven't been on here in quite a while. I took the layout down and was planning to get out of the hobby for a bit. I've got all my stuff still and have been busy weathering rolling stock. Maybe one of these days I'll post some up
  5. A2TwrOpr

Athearn Blue Box quick plug upgrade?

Why didn't you just try to fit the blue box shell onto the RTR undercarriage? That may be easier than soldering the new parts to the old blue box set up
  6. A2TwrOpr

N&W Abingdon Branch

Those puff trees look sweet! Nice work
  7. A2TwrOpr

BC Rail subdivision in progress

Great work Chris! I love the little town scene in the second to last pic.
  8. A2TwrOpr

North Fork

Your river scene is looking real good!
  9. A2TwrOpr

Building the Andersley Western Railroad

The piping turned out great!
  10. A2TwrOpr

My bnsf layout

here's the other half of the layout as it sits now. I changed the location of the grain elevator and team track because of how tight the space worked out to be. And so far it's turned out to be ok having the elevator right there in the front. There may not be a back drop along the city area...
  11. A2TwrOpr

My bnsf layout

The last couple weeks have been rather productive on the layout. I got the mainline completely laid now but ran out of track, joiners and cork so things are hold until I get more. Here's what has been completed so far I may add another yard track because i don't think there is enough storage...
  12. A2TwrOpr

Logan Valley

Great work on the city scene! This really looks sharp
  13. A2TwrOpr

HO ballast

I used a mix of n scale (fine) ballast with medium (ho scale) ballast. It's all the same color but the different size rocks give it a little more realism. Just take a bag of each and throw them into a container and stir it up then lay it down. As far as using black to get a weathered look, it...
  14. A2TwrOpr

Couple of pics of my Walthers coal unloader.

Your coal unloader looked very well used. Nicely done!
  15. A2TwrOpr

How to deal with window glazings?

That's a neat masking solution! I've got some engine and caboose to do one day and may just give that stuff a try.
  16. A2TwrOpr

How to deal with window glazings?

Painters tape would do the trick if you want to just mask the windows off. I've used it for masking off patched out reporting marks on cars before.
  17. A2TwrOpr

Weathering Locos and Rolling Stock

Thanks man! I hope someone finds this short write up to be helpful.
  18. A2TwrOpr

Weathering Locos and Rolling Stock

I should have mentioned that actually. The key is to build up the layers of dull coat very thinly. You certainly don't want to flood the car applying each layer. Another thing to keep in mind is that applying too much dull coat will actually create a sheen on the car that you can't get rid of...
  19. A2TwrOpr

Con cor hopper kits

You could make a cover and screw that in place. Glue is a little too permanent for me so I would suggest buying a set of Kadee couplers with the coupler box and using those.
  20. A2TwrOpr

Montana rRail Link shops in Livingston, MT

Toot, you aren't helping lol! I've got a small layout and really don't neeeed any more power. But a good deal would be hard to pass up

Back