Search results

1. B

Decided on returning to HO

Looking at Atlas starter track pack has a 4 x 8 layout nice size that is true track not badly priced. Someone mentioned the cost of replacing the loco as I need them for Central Maine and that got me thinking. And you mentioning about the loss of interest "not good". I don't know if it is done...
  2. B

Did you go with a Atlas starter or get it piece by piece?
  3. B

After looking at a lot of scnery, buildings and structures, as well as the availability of cars and engines for a Central Maine layout in the paper industry, I'm doing HO. I think a starter kit would be the way to get going looking at a Lifelike Freightmaster layout. Anything I should know...
  4. B

I just finished my first Walthers structure...

I am learning quite a bit from reading these threads before I get into it. Thanks Dave
  5. B

This maybe a stupid question?

Your right about stupid answers thanks for reminding me. Remote control is the answer, as the engineer increases speed on his engine the others do it also. Makes sense.
  6. B

This maybe a stupid question?

I noticed on a webcam just now a loooong trin of coal carriers it was being pulled by 3 UP engines BUT at the end of the train was another UP engine pushing. Can they sychronize the speeds that close, because if they can't that has got to be a big risk.
  7. B

Found a webcam with trains!!!!!!!!

Could not believe it, I found a webcam at TRAINS located in Rochelle, Il and I saw a train that was being pulled by 5 UP engines I think they were tractor trailor boxes on the cars. I lost count at 100 cars, lucky if we see 15 cars up here it incredible. Wicked awesome.
  8. B

Starting in N

Are the tracks assembled the same way with joiners as HO? Is the operation the same as HO only on a smaller scale as far as setup and track layout? Are there any recommended starter companies to get rolling stock and engines from as well as track and accessories that won't break the bank. Steve...
  9. B

New to N gauge but not to MRR

Steve are you from Lancashire England? We just got back from a vacation in York, stayed in a hotel near the river Ouse
  10. B

Sounds good, do I need to put down anything on top of it or do I pin the track to it?
  11. B

Ok I have narrowed it down. It is the rt 4 stretch of a line from Auburn Maine to Jay Maine. Looks like single track with a lot of sidings to various businesses.
  12. B

I believe it is Central Maine RR but I have seen Guilford I "think" on some engines. The area is mainly paper mills in around central Maine. Looking to model 1970 era, I love the old GEEPS. Can anyone point me towards a reliable online source that has a online catalog. I do a search and 1500...
  13. B

Thanks for creating this site, we have been reading for a while but just joined. My son and I are interested in building a small layout 4x8 in N of a freight only. We live in the NE and have seen a few train operations but not many. The only train we see reguarly have been trains up in central...

Back