Search results

1. Creepy

Logging loco decoder

Thanks Guy's ( Toot and Terry ) After a bit more investigation, yes you guy's are spot on, it is a MRC sound decoder, found one YouTube clip from MRC (poor recording quality) so when I get my loco I will post up a review. From reseaching MRC decoders, most people don't like them much, as this is...
  2. Creepy

Logging loco decoder

Hi all Just a quick question, I hope somebody can help. I have purchased from ModelTrainStuff a Mantua HO 2-6-6-2T with DCC and sound, I have searched the web everywhere for info regarding what make and model decoder is fitted, with no luck. I wont receive the loco for a couple of weeks so I...
  3. Creepy

Broadway Limited J9000 4-12-2 - Video

Very nice Loco, looks fantastic on your sweeping curves. As far as the sound cutting out my BLI Centipede does the same thing, (only one out of 10 BLI Locos) I have found that if I run it at speed step 25 or below (on my NCE powerCab) it's ok, I just put up with it as it doesn't run much, it...
  4. Creepy

Dave's Antiques

Fantastic work Dave. I,m about to start my first Craftsman kit, if it turns out half as good as your work I will be very happy. Gary
  5. Creepy

M. B. Klein ...

I totaly agree with all the comments, I have purchased lots of stuff from M.B. Klein over the last two years and I have never, ever had a problem, always received my goods within two weeks (I to live in Australia) and very well packaged, no damage. Their web site is also first class. Rodney as...
  6. Creepy

Hello from Cairns Australia HO Scaler

Welcome. Another Aussie here I,m also into HO and if you ever need advice this is the place to come. As a New South Welsh man I promise I won't mention the State of Origin:) All the best with you new layout. Gary
  7. Creepy

Do you lke what you do for a living?

After spending many years in the RAAF (Royal Australian Air Force) as an aircraft engine fitter which I loved, I'm now a photocopier tech, (have been for 20 years) not as exciting, but it pays the bills and supports my hobby, (model trains) so you have to be happy with that. Plus I get to live...
  8. Creepy

Naming Your Model Railroad

As my layout is a city based layout in the USA, I have decided on "Urbania" for the city name. I seen this name on a water tower in a film about young football kids, the town was in Ohio. (fictitious) There is a real place in Ohio called "Urbana". As my city is designed and constructed from my...
  9. Creepy

Physical disability, layout height pro's and cons. Help please.

Hi Jim I'm 61 this year and have the same problems as you do, (except for diabetes) I had a heart attack and by-pass a couple of years ago, although I still work full time. (struggle) I have taken a couple of weeks off work to start my new layout, so I find I have the same problem as you. I...
  10. Creepy

Ashland Iron & Steel difficulty?

I have just completed the blast furnace, (great kit) but take your time and I found it easier to to paint as you build as it is a very large kit. It will test your patience in some parts but it is worth in the long run. Be warned though it takes up quite a bit of space on the layout. Good...
  11. Creepy

New City HO Layout

Thanks Guy's for your comments I'm still torn between duckunder or not. I realize that most railroads no longer have turntables rounhouses etc, but I have a soft spot for them, Great way to show off loco's. I live very close to a large railway museum (one of the largest in the country) and I...
  12. Creepy

New City HO Layout

Hi Folks Well I'm about to start construction of my new layout in a couple of weeks, after countless plans in AnyRail I have a plan (compromise) that will fit in a beedroom, (small space) I do have another plan but it has a duckunder, which I'm trying to avoid I will also put up the plan for...
  13. Creepy

Any Rail 5

My My that certainly is impressive, I hope you are not going to run it by yourself:rolleyes::D Some of your staging yards are bigger than my layout;) Looks great Gary
  14. Creepy

Bachmann Cityscape Hotel

Hi Guy's Thanks to Benjamin's great start to his bulid and report, my Ambassador Hotel has arrived from the States and I will be making a start very soon. I was hesitant at first to purchase Bachmann kits but after seeing this thread it looks like it has great potential. I only hope I can...
  15. Creepy

New Air Brush System

Hi Mate I to have only been using a airbrush for about 18 months, (still learning) mostly on aircraft but have found it fantastic for Model railroad stuff, I couldn't do without it. Just a couple of tips I leaned from the Military modeling guys, I thin my acrylic paints with "Windex" also...
  16. Creepy

Happy Australia Day!

Hi Folks Yes it was a great "Australia Day" we beat the POMS (English) at the one day cricket match in Adelaide. Gary
  17. Creepy

Hello From Australia

Welcome Dave Another Aussie here from NSW, all the best with your new project. Regards Gary
  18. Creepy

Steam Excursions

As part of the design phase of my new layout I'm planning to have a Museum, station etc to run Excursions from. I'm looking at the new BLI Wabash Bluebird train hauled by a N&W J class #611, (museum version) plus some older diesels. (not sure on type) southern154 is right I beleive it is a...
  19. Creepy

Bachmann Cityscape Hotel

Benjamin Great work, one question though, I know you made the base but are the sidewalks part of the kit or are they add on. (they look good) Regards Gary
  20. Creepy

Bachmann Cityscape Hotel

Hi Benjamin Love your work, I to would like to build this kit so I will be watching your build with interest. Keep up the great work. Happy new year Gary

Back