Search results

1. P

1/87th Vehicles

That's true about the Freightliners. I worked for Freightliner before getting into law enforcement. They have such roomy sleepers!!!
  2. P

1/87th Vehicles

Cabovers are a dying breed everywhere I'm thinking, just don't see them as much in the USA. More widely accepted over the big pond in the UK I think.
  3. P

Northwest NJ/Eastern PA clubs?

We tried to get one started in the NE PA area just recently and there wasn't much interest. Scott
  4. P

1/87th Vehicles

Actually I was about to ask if anyone knew what they have seen as an over abundance of a certain type car, truck or van in the Mailbu series in their local Walmarts. I've been planning on adding a dealership to my layout but I've not been able to find a certain type car company, i.e. Chrysler...
  5. P

1/87th Vehicles

The only problem I have with those is that certainly don't look 1:87th scale. I picked up the box and looked on it for a scale and there was none marked. Scott
  6. P

Scratchbuilt Prison

Nice bashing Doc! My prison is on a larger scale as there is nothign I do in life that's small!!! lol Scott
  7. P

Scratchbuilt Prison

It's pretty easy to convert a Rail-Box car. I'm hoping I can convert a few passenger cars so I make this transport train. I was hoping to find some more info and photos on it though before I started making my attempt at it. Scott
  8. P

Scratchbuilt Prison

I don't know if it had any connection with what you stated about the name. I was just comparing rail to air prision tranports since I've seen first hand about Con-Air flights. Someone put a bug in my ear about this and now I've become obsessed with finding out more now to incorporate it onto...
  9. P

Scratchbuilt Prison

That's a shame that stopped using them. It would have been interesting if they would have used the name "Con-Rail" like "Con-Air"..lol I'll have to get on my groups and see if anyone has any information on these cars. Scott
  10. P

Easter Weekend Photo fun 21/22/23/24 March

That's an impressive collection of CNJ and Reading rolling stock you have there!!!! Scott
  11. P

Scratchbuilt Prison

Sounds like quite an interesting idea Doc! If you do happen to do it, take some photos! I'll keep you up to date on my progress on teh design of the prison. Scott
  12. P

Scratchbuilt Prison

I just started using XtrCAD to design a prison I want to include on my layout. I hope to have it all designed and I'll attach a copy of the design here in this thread for you guys to see. I was going to put a hospital for the mentally ill or the prison so I opted for the prison since I'm a...
  13. P

Oddities on your layout?

I am in a few model railroad and 1/87 scale military modeling groups on Yahoo and I posed something similiar on the groups and we had a lot of fun with the topic since everyone wants to put something unique on their layouts. I myself have been using XtrCAD to design a Penetentiary for my...
  14. P

New 1:87 NASCAR at Walmart

I have been keeping up with all the NASCAR cars the past 3 years as they come out but have no plans to put a track on my layout. Although my layout is going to be a pretty big, trying to scale a race track on the layout would be tough. Not sure I'd wanna give up that much space. I picked up...
  15. P

1/87th Vehicles

I grabbed all the new NASCAR COT's when they came out on the weekend of the Daytona 500. There is about 8 of them in the first batch I believe. Scott
  16. P

1/87th Vehicles

Yeah I agree BAD, they look too big like the Herpa trucks that just came out. Scott
  17. P

1/87th Vehicles

I think the new Mini Cooper was from the movie the Italian Job if i'm not mistaken. Scott
  18. P

1/87th Vehicles

It was a lucky find, I was just passing by the clearance rack and there they were!!! Scott
  19. P

1/87th Vehicles

Guess again! It has the camoflaged car with the Budweiser decals!!! JACKPOT!!!!! Scott

Back