Search results

1. J

Diesel Drive Axle Gears

The symptom - a Diesel Locomotive hesitates, stops, then jerks ahead, momentarily shorts, or in extreme cases will not move at all. On Athearn, Atlas, BLI perhaps all HO diesel locos I find they use a split Drive Axle with a gear in the middle to hold the two axle halves in gauge and transmit...
  2. J

Boulder Model Railroad Club (Colorado)

Our meetings are on the 3rd Thursday of each month at the Louisville, CO ELKS, 525 Main Street, Louisville, CO. Visitors are welcome. Our content rich website can be found at http://www.bmrc.info
  3. J

Metal or Plastic

Certainly I prefer metal wheels, I like the sound, the way the track stays much cleaner and I like the look. But I got about 50% that are still plastic on my freight car roster. Question is simple enough, do you think metal wheels are worth the cost? Joe Daddy
  4. J

Denver Train Show 11-10

A few of us are getting together for lunch on Saturday the 10's after spending the morning at the train show in Denver. We'll be meeting at the Villiage Inn over by I25 & I70 near the train yard. We'd love to have you join us! Joe
  5. J

Counting layout attempts.

OK, I am working on my 3rd layout attempt, each of the first two got to where the track was laid, trains running and working on the scenery. I started counting when I returned to the hobby in Nov 2005. Larry says he is starting on his 7th, Super Mouse 2 & 3. Well, I guess it all depends...
  6. J

Nominations for best new Modeler's tool for 2007

My newest tool in my tool box, actually on my belt is my new Bosch PS20-2 10.8 volt Litheon compact Pocket Driver drill. Mine cam with a clip on holster that I wear Wild Bill style (cross draw for you younger dudes). I've used it for a day now and gotta tell you my trusty Dewalt 14.4 is now...
  7. J

My LHS

In this past week, I've been to my LHS twice. How about you? When was the last time you went to the Hobby shop more than once in a week? Joe
  8. J

DCC wish list

DCC Wish list 1 - All decoders have a shut down mode like QSI does. 2 - A set of firm Function key assignments for 1 - 12 that everyone follows. 3 - A standard throttle protocol that allows all manufacturer's throttles to plug and play, like computer keyboards and mice typically do...

Back