Search results

1. parrthd1

HO Athearn Genesis FEF-3 4-8-4 Problems

I agree... I am running DCC... And at my club transmission fluid was used to help conductivity, although it had a profound effect on pulling power... would you suggest rubbing alcohol or what cleaner/conductor would you suggest. Thanks again -Jacob
  2. parrthd1

I posted this under the HO Scale thread but was afraid I put it in the wrong place... Ok, So for Christmas I received An Athearn Genesis FEF-3 4-8-4 UP #8444 in Greyhound scheme... And my overall impression was good! It is an amazing sounding and looking locomotive... Although just when I...
  3. parrthd1

Jerome's Switcher Roster V 2.0

I heard an old song in my head when I saw the trailing Unit... "Baaaaby bluuuuuueee..."
  4. parrthd1

Thats as far as It goes it. One of the wire's seems as if it is barley come out, I have addressed it and it doesn't seem to be the problem... This Hobby should be changed from "Model Railroading" to "Trouble shooting and frustration costs thousands of dollars!" :D But Its all wonderful fun when...
  5. parrthd1

Ok, So for Christmas I received An Athearn Genesis FEF-3 4-8-4 UP #8444 in Greyhound scheme... And my overall impression was good! It is an amazing sounding and looking locomotive... Although just when I thought Athearn had finally fixed the problem I have had occur on ALL of my Genesis...
  6. parrthd1

Please help, MTH Chuffing Cutting in and out?

I assume you got the thing fixed! I heard MTH Is going to do another run of the Berk's with a new drawbar design that doesn't have wires, or pins, or pin holes... Magnets i believe.... Or hooks... I have no idea...
  7. parrthd1

Its the Drawbar... After a year of arguing with my father to send it back, Its going off... The drawbar design was faulted and after pulling trains around the layout for a year the back of the pinhole that the Locomotive gets its power from was wearing thin, So the connectivity wasn't to great...
  8. parrthd1

cameraman almost hit by train

You seen this yet? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2626230/Look-Oblivious-train-spotters-distracted-vintage-locomotive-hit-slowest-near-miss-ever.html If i ever get to meet this kid, I am going to delete, burn and get rid of all his models, pictures, and other memorabilia of Railroads...
  9. parrthd1

I am sending it back. None of the solutions here have helped me. But thank you anyway. Cheers
  10. parrthd1

Track is clean, i run other MTH locomotives without any problems and i did clean it to no avail, as i said, its only the chuffing, it continues to move, ring its bell, blow the whistle, headlight and marker lights, etc, its only the chuffing.
  11. parrthd1

It doesnt hesitate, as ive sad, everything else works fine, its always the same place, the tracks are clean because i run other MTH engines with no problems, Its not the curves and axels causing it trouble, it does it at the club on sweeping turns, dips, humps, and straightaways. CAM most...
  12. parrthd1

It runs fine but i cant program the cab number, its been 03, i wonder how to reset it but this is an engine short, i just wonder how to fix it or who to send it to
  13. parrthd1

It happens on straights also. The guys at the club were suggesting it is a CAM sensor.
  14. parrthd1

It has a drawbar, the wirings are fine, i just don't know what it could be. Thanks.
  15. parrthd1

Please help, Chuffing cutting in and out on MTH steamer? Hello, I have had an MTH NKP Berkshire steam locomotive for just over a year now, it was brand new when i got it and iv'e never had a problem with it, until now. I have another MTH Steam loco (I am an HO scaler) that runs fine on the same...
  16. parrthd1

Hello, I have had an MTH NKP Berkshire steam locomotive for just over a year now, it was brand new when i got it and iv'e never had a problem with it, until now. I have another MTH Steam loco (I am an HO scaler) that runs fine on the same layout and controller and does fine. My Berk's chuffing...

Back