Search results

1. R

Old New Members?

I leave for a few months and someone remodels the house.
  2. R

Digitrax AR-1 Auto Reversing

Just 2 wires to the bus and 2 wires to the track. The AR-1 should show IN and OUT.
  3. R

Best track?

About the only thing I can add here is the radius of fixed curved track. I dislike flex track. I do not use it anywhere. I use Fast tracks to make my track. This is not a good way to go. Way too expensive. Fast Tracks turnouts are some of the best. The problem here is the expense and you have...
  4. R

Plaster cloth

Thanks Dave. I think I have enough gauze and plaster for all I need. And maybe some left over. Dale
  5. R

Plaster cloth

Not a problem Dave. I found my gauze from a veterinarian supply house. 48 rolls 6" wide x 120". Rico Also found plaster cloth online. 3, 4 or 6" wide x 180" 3 rolls $19.00, free shipping. Might be the same stuff. I just figured out what I had invested in my plaster cloth. Gauze = $16.00 +...
  6. R

Plaster cloth

I did not run anywhere but Lowe's. I found the gauze on the internet. Not really any mess. But, to each his own. Just thought I would through it out there.
  7. R

Plaster of Paris

I think I have a misconception of Plaster of Paris. First, I thought dried PoP would dissolve in water. This appears not to be true. I also thought PoP was father soft when dried. This also does not appear to be true. How hard should PoP be when dry? I made some plaster cloth with PoP and...
  8. R

Building the Canyon Diablo Bridge

I found a picture of the bridge that someone had scratch build. The captions said it was build from Plastruct. The site has his name. You may be able to get some information from him http://store.blueoxtrains.com/scratch-built-models/ About half way down.
  9. R

Plaster cloth

I don't know if others have tried this. I thought WS plaster cloth was a little to costly for me. So, I decided to try to make my own. After a little experimenting I think I have something that works well. I have never used WS plaster cloth so I don't know how well it stacks up against my home...
  10. R

Plaster of Paris or Hydrocal

Well I tried hydrocal. It works well and fairly easy to work with. It is near impossible to do anything with it after it dries. Got some Plaster of Paris to try. BTW, I found a place to buy plaster and plaster cloth. Free shipping. https://www.plasterguys.com/ Looks to me to be fairly good...
  11. R

Thanks modelbob. I use gauze for the mold it's self but not on the molded rock. Doing a little experimenting today. Dale
  12. R

Show and tell: your electronic panel

I don't have have an electrical panel as such. I use TrainController and my laptop. My DCC control center is Digitrax and RR-Cirkits boards for block detection and turnout control . I bought Digitrax just because when I got started it was the one most mentioned. It may not be the best. Works...
  13. R

I have some mountain sides that I am putting on an incline next to a track. These sides will be about 6" to maybe 8" tall. I have several rock molds I made many years ago. I just bought 25 pounds of Hydrocal. It seems to work well just takes a while to setup. When making rock molds and such...
  14. R

AnyRail 6

I use AnyRail. It is OK but not really worth the money. I used SCRAM and it had FasTracks then. The only thing I did not like about SCRAM was the way it handled flex track. It may be better now. There are several free layout design software programs on the net.
  15. R

TrainController Block and Crossing Question

Here is the address to the TC forum. As far as I know the crossing should not be in a block. The is a post on the TC forum about turnouts. You should read it.
  16. R

Soldering or Welding Brass

You may want to try some heat sinks. A soldering iron usually will not work. Try a small torch of some kind. !/2" brass tubing is available. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/331321798969?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true Dale
  17. R

Removing a flywheel

bnsf971, I just bought one of those from Micro Mark. toot, I think I messed up the hole in the flywheel. It will not stay on now.
  18. R

Removing a flywheel

Is there a puller or something to pull the flywheel off of the motor. I have tried the screw driver under the flywheel and motor. I keep bending the armature. Thanks, Dale
  19. R

Signals

Thanks for the replies. I will look around on Google some more.
  20. R

Signals

My next project on my layout is signals. My layout is the transition period. My layout is very free lance. MY layout is computer operated. From the internet I see that railroads used different signals in different ways. What I would like to know is where can I find what signals were used in...

Back