Search results

1. D

classic track cleaning car

who made the old track cleaning car with the metal tank and caboose end, I need the cotton pads it uses.
  2. D

Train Show find

Youo have to expect the unexpected, among a collection of engines was a brass Wabash 4-6-2, 125 bucks...wow, bought it. This is the version without the feedwaterr heater eyebrow tank on the smokebox top front, I have one with it. thats the model, mine not lettered but painted.
  3. D

Kato N scale ad

latest model mags, .. errmm...the F7 is trying to fly off and land on your layout... actually a wee little bit off da track...same in both MR and RMC and who knows elsewhere...
  4. D

lit numberboards

This is a work in progress. I'm using bugboard decals on index card material to get some light thru. Taking pictures helps debug issues. I used Rivarrosi numberboards hollowed out (I found parts scrounged as you go hobbyshop hunting, etc.) then super mini bright white LED's. Decoder is a QSI...
  5. D

scalecoat has been sold

I kinda figgerred something had to happen came thru an email source...I'll just post his whole note as visiting his site may be fun.
  6. D

North Shore 4 truck freight motor

I have a model of this engine, (front one) bought from a fellow model railroader, it was painted for his freelanced line, when I got it I gave it some tests, it wobbled and couldn't run at slow switching speeds. Reason? it used the old classic spring drive mechanism common for many streetcar...
  7. D

just another 4-12-2 thread....yawn....

Just got mine today, quickie power check, then I opened it up to lube it up, motor/gears/wheels/siderods. Theres an opening to the gearbox you can slop more gear oil down it. I looked at the driver quartering,and the drivers are "quartered" not "thirded", which is fine. Got it on the layout, I...
  8. D

N&w 4-8-0

just finished working on this engine, its an N&W M2c 4-8-0, Just got DCC sound in it. The speaker is in the smokebox while the decoder is above the motor. The headlight is a superbright LED. Original light was a 1.5volt bulb, I think I put a wrong resistor on the DCC and blew the lamp, that made...
  9. D

South Shore LIves!

hadda showoff, but last night I threw a decoder in one of my South Shore cars to maybe get a start of the feel of the progress I am working at. The car I bought off ebay, so last night I popped the decoder in, rewired the headlights with LED's. Got the car to run around the layout for a short...
  10. D

Milwaukee yard module

Your looking at modules, I just replaced this yard ladder in the slot after getting the signals, turnouts and side panel functional. The signals are 2 color targets (red/green) and yes you can get yellow, it uses the digitrax signal system running on JMRI software. Having researched the yard I...
  11. D

Milwaukee Yard Module

Finally got some things done so here goes. Module is for my Milwaukee Yard, this is the yard throat. Far left track goes to the Passenger station (yes its the same station Walthers has for their big Milwaukee station) next track over goes down the freight yard, next track down goes down as a...
  12. D

RMC and R&R mags to continue

http://www.modelrailroadnews.com/PDF/WRP-Press_Release_140829.pdf (Bucklin, Missouri) – White River Productions has acquired Railroad Model Craftsman and Railfan & Railroad magazines, effective September 1, 2014. The asset purchase agreement between Carstens Publications and White River...
  13. D

3d printer from micromark...

and you assemble it (kit style, like we used to do with the Athearn blue boxes...remember that?) http://www.micromark.com/3D-Printer-Kit,11656.html?ns_md=Email&ns_sc=Marketing&ns_cn=14WS051&ns_pc=14WS051&utm_source=Marketing&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=14WS051 to me this is really cool.
  14. D

Its the Dawn...

of Sunlighting base general room lighting..flourescents sunlight shadows achieved with superbright LED and dimmable to have day/night effects, next work is the skylight for a near true sky effect, no room lights. Yard ladder module for my Milwaukee yard Milwaukee road portion, includes...
  15. D

Just arrived...

but no newbie, I'll be posting up some goodies I am working on. The Trains forums are just havoc to try to post anymore so here I am. I've been model railroading since a kid, working now on a multiple railroad multi-deck modular style layout. Using modules has a benefit I can pull a piece and...

Back