Search results

1. S

Port Of Los Angeles in N Scale?

The rail line in the Port of LA/Long Beach is called Pacific Harbor line. Use Google Maps to see the myriad potential for modeling this area. Both UP and BNSF use the tracks. I do work down there and it is very common to see locos from all three lines moving up and down the harbor tracks. The...
  2. S

The High Cost of Model Railroading

I guess it depends on your perspective. I'm coming from the model airplane world where it is easy to end up with a plane worth $10,000. So the cost of trains looks like a bargain to me right now!!
  3. S

What scale modeler earns the most money? Or who has the most to spend?

I think this guy wins!! Something like $500,000 USD invested in it. Imagine what he could do with a train!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC4jG-wuVoc
  4. S

What Track Planning Software Do You Use Poll

Interesting. I never thought about the amount of space available, seems like an independent variable when it comes to the program used to design track. If the Unitrack ends up giving me a "kids" layout and something short of total realism, then I'm OK with that. I'm not plannng on trying to make...
  5. S

Got it. Doesn't matter to me that the guy who did it is outside the US. And since I am planning on using Unitrack, it works perfectly for me. Maybe I'm European:rolleyes:
  6. S

I'm curious, what do you mean by "very European"???
  7. S

I messed around with a couple of other programs and settled on AnyRail. I liked it well enough to send them my money, it was worth it to me. What others do makes no difference to me. AnyRail is a nice, easy to use program that does what I need it to do.

Back