Search results

1. P

Broadway Limited Brass Hybrids

Fellas, The Hybrid line is THE best way to start in brass. Same model, except brass boiler & tender shell. And half the price of a regularly imported brass model. The GN S-2 was announced in 2006. At that time, it was to be a plastic version of the full brass Museum Series. It was never...
  2. P

Thanks a Lot-Administrator

Willis, Appreciate the reply. I have become a somewhat sloppier typist. At 76 it's hard to be precise. At one time, I could type 60 wpm w/o an error. Ain't going to see that anymore. Of course, I have no idea what insidious key caused the time out.
  3. P

Thanks a Lot-Administrator

Spent some time composing a fairly lengthy question concerning my MTH Challenger, after logging in. When I tried to post the comment, you decided I was not logged in. Consequently, I lost the post!! :mad:
  4. P

Broadway Limited Great Northern 4-8-4 S-2

Hello Tootie, BLI announced the ESU version in their 2006 catalogue, under the Precision Scale Model label. This was to have been a diecast chassis w/an ABS shell. This model has still never been produced. The model I refer to had already been produced, by the time the aborted PSM model was...
  5. P

Hello, The model was marketed IN 2005, or so.
  6. P

Hello Folks, I have been trying to ferret out information about BLI's version of this 4-8-4 locomotive. It's as though the engine never existed. IT DOES EXIST. I am interested in its features AND the BLI Operator's Manual issued for it. Any help??????
  7. P

BLI Penn T1 #5517

Terry, The problem may be that I simply have the wrong internet manual from QSI & BLI, but w/o any guidance, I picked the only one I could find for a loco with a potentiometer. So I may be looking at a Function list that isn't correct for the model; it may not have SMPH & Status. My question...
  8. P

BLI Penn T1 #5517

Terry, I did the reset, turned off power for 20 seconds, and back on, no change. I don't know what you're thinking, but I'm going to wait until I get responses from BLI & or QSI. So I have a better idea of what the issue might be. Thank you.
  9. P

BLI Penn T1 #5517

Hello Terry, Well, I went ahead and did it, this morning. First I tried resetting using the MRC 'universal' factory reset procedure- "9,9". No success. Second I used the three CVs. Second try I got this: "CV49 = 1 - 128; CV50 = 2 - 255"; CV56 no verbal, but "got 3 toots". Tried F10 did not...
  10. P

BLI Penn T1 #5517

Hi Crandell, I've never been confronted with the need to reset a new loco, although I notice the referenced manual recommends this. Terry, I guess CV8 to 08 doesn't work with this loco.
  11. P

BLI Penn T1 #5517

Thanks for the response Terry. I'll try the CV changes. I don't have a programming track, just my layout. The manual you reference is one I looked at before. It references QUARC and a reed. I didn't get the reed, although I have another with one. My loco has QUARC? My loco also has a...
  12. P

BLI Penn T1 #5517

Hello Folks, I have recently acquired a used #5517, received w/o any paperwork. I believe it to be a model #016. Wrote BLI to ask what Op Manual to print. They couldn't say, as they sometimes use Manuals that apply to various models. I thought this an odd answer---somewhere along the...
  13. P

The New O&A

Hello, First post. Speaking of 'wasn't a lot in the offering', does anybody remember 'Treble OOO Electric'(or 'Lectric?). Made in England. It was my first exposure to a N scale size. I thought it a size with much potential. But, it was too new and limited. It took a long time for N to...

Back