Search results

1. R

Walthers - Unfair Competition

Do you buy direct from Walthers - specifically items from manufacturers other than items Walthers manufactures? If you do, I would really like to recommend that you patronize your local hobby shop, instead. (If you don't have a LHS, please find someone else to buy from ;) ). Walthers has been...
  2. R

Machine Shop by Cigarbox Studios

Sorry about that - the URL has been corrected.
  3. R

Decoder Question...

That's the best explanation I've seen, yet! :D
  4. R

Decoder Question...

That'll do it, but then you do lose prototypically slow startups and shutdowns...;)
  5. R

Do you use DCC?

Stay Away from Bachmann DCC!!! :eek: No matter how cheap, it's no more than what you pay for it... and that ain't saying much. The worst thing about the system is the single digit addressing scheme (1-9). So, you can't identify a loco by its road number - not even the last 2 digits as most...
  6. R

Decoder Question...

Lenz Decoders Installed in Spectrum Locos Yes, the newest generation of Lenz decoders that are factory installed will operate in 128 speed step mode. However, that doesn't mean they will operate "well"... If you're in the mood to replace this cheapie decoder, install a decoder by NCE in its...
  7. R

Rust Techniques

Instant Rust I purchased it at www.dickblick.com - arts & crafts store on the web.
  8. R

Rust Techniques

Steve, what name does it go under in the UK?
  9. R

Rust Techniques

This shot demonstrates a couple of techniques I've used successfully to produce realistic rust. The first is the roof and power generator, which were treated with Instant Rust by Sophisticated Finishes. The second is Dr. Ben's Realistic Rust, which was used on the 50 gallon drums. Instant...
  10. R

Paper Creek Shingles Actually, the shingles are by Paper Creek, and they're easy to install. The strips are long enough for a small roof like this. So, all you have to do is glue the strips, start at the bottom and follow the lines up the roof. Only one thing could make them better - make...
  11. R

Funny you should mention the chimney - it's a Tichy plastic casting, and it's finished with just a wash of Titanium White acrylic paint!
  12. R

I finally finished "planting" my version of the Machine Shop:
  13. R

My Quickie Diorama

Thank you! This area just barely missed the wrecking ball, when I decided not to demolish all of my concrete base. The rundown building came from another area of the layout that had been demolished, and if I hadn't seen something in this little structure, it would have been relegated to the junk...
  14. Siesta is about to end abruptly!

Siesta is about to end abruptly!

Mini-scene depicting a rundown section of yard.
  15. R

My Quickie Diorama

In the process of removing a section of my layout, I had an idea for a quickie diorama. Here's what I came up with... The worker's secret siesta is about to come to an abrupt end! :eek: This shot demonstrates a couple of techniques I've tried lately to produce realistic rust. The first...
  16. R

Weather Attempt 5

Don't be disappointed! I think you did a fantastic job - this model looks... real! I'm joining the discussion at the end; so, I don't know how you did this - how did you keep it looking so random, and what materials did you use? :D
  17. R

Decal issues?

I just received my kit, and while I haven't printed anything yet, I would like to say that the software included in the package is pretty much useless. It only allows you to work with graphics that are included on the CD, and they're all geared toward other hobbies. You have to purchase the...
  18. R

Decal issues?

Anxious for word about the bonder... Your decals look GREAT! I'm really anxious to hear if the bonder makes them run or not... :confused:
  19. R

Decal issues?

Testors Decal System Did you solve the problem - was the printer the culprit? :confused:

Back