Search results

1. Bruette

Lionel's LionChief Universal Remote

LionChief Universal Remote Owner's Manual With Lionel’s Universal Remote you can: Control any existing or future O Gauge LionChief Plus locomotive. Control most O Gauge Ready-to-Run LionChief set locomotives. Control any existing S Gauge FlyerChief locomotive. Load and operate up to three...
  2. Bruette

Lionel LionChief Trains

We had a great point come from one of our resident expert Lionel technicians. @Dub @Bruette said "Lionel's LionChief sets come with DC power supplies. They can also be run with a traditional AC transformer." @Dub said, "I never knew that about the new sets." If an expert like Dub was...
  3. Bruette

Christmas Trees, Trains and More

With my wife's help I managed to get the tree decorated in the family room. I set up our Thomas Kinkade's nativity collection. Jesus is the reason for the season for us. This morning I completed laying the Lionel Fastrack for our family room Christmas Trains. I have one train up and running...
  4. Bruette

My First Layout

Other than holiday trains around the Christmas tree this was my first layout. It was no masterpiece like many others you will find on this forum. It was not even close! It did, however, provide me with a lot of enjoyment. Most of all it showed me I love playing with my trains and I want this to...
  5. Bruette

The BGR (Bruette's Goofy Railroad)

After six years without a permanent layout, today I finally bought most of the lumber I will need to build my second permanent layout. The day Ophelia moves through my area I decide to buy lumber. That could be considered goofy! Thankfully when I came out of Home Depot the rain had stopped and...
  6. Bruette

Theodore (Ted) Klein 1935-2020

In Memoriam - Theodore Klein 1935-2020 It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that we write to you today about the passing of our friend, mentor and colleague Ted Klein. Mr. Klein was an outstanding businessman and leader. His vision and business acumen served him well early in his life...
  7. Bruette

MTH Closing

I received this in an email from MTH. I do not know if it has been already posted, so here it is. "Dear Loyal M.T.H. Customers, June 10, 2020 - First, on behalf of M.T.H. Electric Trains, I want to thank you for the support and encouragement you have shown my company over our 40-year journey...
  8. Bruette

My Lionel Scale O Trains

With the reintroduction of Lionel Standard O I thought I should remove the Scale O items from My Lionel Standard O Trains thread and repost them here.
  9. Bruette

How are You Spending the Stimulus Money?

I don't mean to be personal, but if you don't want to answer that's perfectly ok. I didn't set out to spend my share of our stimulus money on more toys, but that's what it amounts too. I've had a lot more time on my hands since this pandemic hit us. My wife was nervous about me working as an...
  10. Bruette

What is this?

All I know is it's O gauge and MTH made it. I think it's a caboose and it came from a RTR set. Did the B&O have anything like this?
  11. Bruette

Customer Service & Support

I have to start this thread with Lionel. In my experience they are by far the best and not just in the toy train market. They are the best company I have ever dealt with. Even better than Microsoft or Intel. I never thought I would say that! Being self-employed for most of my life, in a plethora...
  12. Bruette

Lionel's 120th Anniversary

This set is one of the Anniversary Items. I like east coast railroads, but even I have this set on my wish list! https://www.lionelstore.com/category/Lionel-120
  13. Bruette

History of All Kinds

At the turn of the century (19th -> 20th), Baltimore was the third leading port of entry for raw coffee beans. This photograph shows the abandoned, old Levering Coffee Warehouse located at 1400 block of Philpot Street, Fells Point. It was here where ship loads of South American coffee would be...
  14. Bruette

How Will the Pandemic Impact the Model Railroad World?

dave 1905 asked me an interesting question in another thread. (click here if you are curious) It got me thinking (good questions always do) one thing lead to another and I wondered "how will the pandemic impact the model railroad world?" In my case, all my free time has given me a chance to...
  15. Bruette

Are You a Toy Train Junkie? Don't worry, You are Not Alone and it's Not Fatal

My Name is Louis, I am a toy train Junkie. I probably already have more stuff than I can ever use. I continue to buy stuff I may never use. Before the pandemic I was doing good. I had vowed not to buy any more stuff until I get what I already have sorted out. At the least I hoped to get my...
  16. Bruette

Lionel Continues to Expand it's HO Line!

Browsing through the Lionel Store I was amazed to see all the new and coming soon HO Gauge products. I had to share the news with my train buddies. The Lionel HO line now numbers well over 200 separate items and more are on the way! True to Lionel form they use the term Gauge as opposed to scale...
  17. Bruette

Faith in Lionel

In March of 2018 I bought and received a new Lionel Legacy EMD NW2 Diesel Locomotive, Baltimore and Ohio #9527 (Built to Order) In December of 2017 I had disassembled my layout when I moved. I have yet to rebuild my layout. With no permanent layout I never tried out my new purchase or even...
  18. Bruette

Lionel is pleased to announce that it has agreed to a deal with ATI Model Products Inc (Model Power/Mantua)

http://www.lionel.com/articles/Lionel-Trains-Model-Power-Announcement This is old news and I did not think much of it when it was announced last year, but at the TCA Open House Spring 2019 Lionel elaborated on it a little bit during their presentation. I'm excited about some of the new products...
  19. Bruette

The cost of highspeed rail is expensive, but can we really afford not to consider it?

Environmental impact of aviation I'm not advocating for a bridge or tunnel to Hawaii or Europe. I would like to hear a factual discussion on increasing rail traffic to reduce domestic flights. Please no sound bites, memes or any other clever nonsense. As Joe Friday use to say "just the facts..."
  20. Bruette

Lionel's LionChief Plus 2.0 Control System

"One ring to control them all" It's only a matter of time.

Back