Search results

1. stripes

Capreol Model Railroad

Benchwork done! Well with donations and help we have finished the benchwork for the 4 moduals. The City of Sudbury has givin us a nice clean room for a few months to work on the layout! More to follow!
  2. stripes

Capreol Model Railroad

Where do I start?? Ok, all the wood has been donated and was picked up yesterday. We have a little old German cabinet maker who is going to help construct the modules so they will be square and strong. What we need is HELP!!! :eek: No one at the museum including myself has ever built a...
  3. stripes

Capreol Model Railroad

The Northern Ontario Railroad Museum & www.railroadtown.ca have joined forces to create an educational module layout that will be brought to schools and malls to promote The town of Capreol & Railroad history. This layout will never be expanded or grouped with any clubs layout at shows so we...
  4. stripes

Need EVERYONES help! Please

yes they are for forums and nonprofit types. Comercial ads are charged for because all the money goes to prizes for kids!
  5. stripes

Sorry about the bad link! It is fixed now! Thanks, macjet
  6. stripes

I have noticed several threads about young people and our hobby. Well I am partly involved in developing a new web site to address just that question! What we need is anyone to submit pictures, articles, stories, videos etc... about both model railroading and trains. The site is based out of...
  7. stripes

laser cut buildings

Just be careful using some plastics as the fumes may be toxic. Alot will depent on the laser itself. 40W,60W, 80W etc... I am using an 80w to cut wood and brass.
  8. stripes

EASY FOUNDATIONS & WALLS ! (dial up pic. warning)

Tutorial Completed To save space I have put this into a PDF format. I hope it is useful. http://www.ourpricesareright.com/files/Microsoft_Word_-_EASY_FOUNDATIONS_AND_WALLS2.pdf Thanks!
  9. stripes

Why is the hobby in trouble?

Not dead yet! I would bet every generation laments change in what is special to them. Dad always said that rock and roll s_ _ _ would never last! :eek: I myself am trying to get my grandson to sit down and build something with his hands all the time. Here is an example of what time, patience...
  10. stripes

Get it I figured a squared away Marine would understand! ;)
  11. stripes

There is no point! I just am a pain in the a_ _ perfectionist and wanted a straight cut! LMAO It will make no difference if you mark it that way or not.
  12. stripes

Josh, I was just trying to find the center. Once there in a wall or foundation you will not see the marks. Also they can be sanded or painted!
  13. stripes

Here I am presenting an easy method for creating foundations for structures, culverts, retaining walls and almost anything else that you can imagine, that utilizes bricks or blocks. Starting with a 12” X 12”X 1/8th. Linoleum floor tile that is available at most Home Depots, Lowes, Rona, etc…...
  14. stripes

Internettrains.com vs Walthers.com?

Nope! that was DHL price from Wholesale trains.
  15. stripes

It`s been awhile!

My new site will be live in a few weeks! Hope you will visit :D
  16. stripes

It`s been awhile!

reply There was no way to run the company while I was gone. So now I will start again with a new site. It is still hobby related.
  17. stripes

Happy New 2008

Happy New Year! Well its here! So I want to wish everyone,
  18. stripes

Internettrains.com vs Walthers.com?

I agree with Jim, my wife wanted to buy me a $107.00 train on one of the deep discount sites and shipping was $69.49 :mad: I was so amazed that the coffee went up my nose!:eek: David
  19. stripes

It`s been awhile!

Well , first off I want to wish everyone Happy Holidays! I had to go to VA Hospital for awhile and also had to sell model rail structures. Lousy food, no internet, and worst of all, no trains! :eek: I am back, Same home, same wife and dog, NEW site! and most importantly workin` on the RR...
  20. stripes

Opening a Hobby Shop?

Update on store Well I did it! Been open for 4 days now, and so far so good! Here are some pictures; and every train shop needs a layout, Right? David

Back