Search results

1. T

Track?

I'm going with Gargraves phantom rail Flextrack and Gargraves turnouts. Because of the limited area I have to work with I'm only using 42' and 54' turnouts. I agree that the three rail track lacks total realism, but it allows more flexibility in selecting engines. rolling stock and...
  2. T

Chosing the right track ...

Thank you ... Thank you for the feedback. It's difficult to give up the convenience of Lionel Fastrack, but lacking any other input I decided to go ahead and convert my layout to Gargraves. I've built a relatively sophisticated layout (for a rookie) and it'll be a big job to replace all the...
  3. T

Not much help here.
  4. T

Me Too ... Asher, I'm new here too. I started getting back into model railroading about two years ago with all of my old boyhood trains. Since then, I've gotten seriously involved. I bought a Polar Express set that came with Lionel Fastrack and really liked the convenience of just laying...
  5. T

I have an O gauge layout. I started it with Lionel Fastrack and have a pretty large investment in switches, etc., but I recently found Gargraves track and really think the Gargraves track is much more realistic looking. I would appreciate some guidance on whether I should invest swtch to...
  6. T

Chosing the right track

Patience Thank you for the advice. I am not familiar with the processes on this forum and, so far I haven't been able to even find the posting you referenced. This is a simple question, though, and I was hoping for some kind of help so I could get started with my layout.
  7. T

Chosing the right track

Gee, thanks for all the help! So much for Forums.
  8. T

Chosing the right track

I am building a new layout and have a substantial investment in Lionel Fastrack. BUT ... I like the fact that Gargraves makes a three rail O guage track that looks more realistic. I would appreciate the advice of experienced modelers as to whether I should stick with the Fastrack or move to...

Back