Search results

1. C

N Scale Amtrak Surfliner and/or Metrolink and "Mooning the Amtrak"

Since the original post (and some sleep), I found this online: Amtrak consist March 3, 2008 Northbound #775 EMD F59PHI #459 Surfliner Pacific Business Class #6806 Surfliner coach/cafe #6307 Surfliner coach #6414 Surfliner coach #6409 Surfliner cab car/baggage #6908 And looking at...
  2. C

N Scale Amtrak Surfliner and/or Metrolink and "Mooning the Amtrak"

I've been trying to think of a good theme/time/era/region, etc. to model. Due to a lack of space, I've been looking at NTrak modules as a possibility. It occurred to me that the annual Mooning of the Amtrak (and Mooning of the Metrolink) might be a fun scene to recreate. For those that don't...
  3. C

What kind of Aggregate Hoppers are these? RRMX Reporting Marks

There's quite a difference between Google's imagry and Bing's imagry—Google's is so much clearer.
  4. C

What kind of Aggregate Hoppers are these? RRMX Reporting Marks

Have you found anything new about the RRMX hoppers or the operation in general? I've been thinking about modeling the Robertson's gravel pit.
  5. C

Hi. I'm getting back into N scale modeling after about a 10 year break. I live in Beaumont. I...

Hi. I'm getting back into N scale modeling after about a 10 year break. I live in Beaumont. I can't seem to find anyone in the San Gorgonio Pass area that plays with trains. It looks like you're in Hemet.
  6. C

My little Fox Valley ES44DC Review

You post is about three months old now. What do you think of the ES44DCs after running them for a while? I'm looking at this particular model because they make it with Ferromex (and Ferrosur) paint. I see those come through here* on occasion on the UP lines. * I live in the San Gorgonio Pass...
  7. C

Are Kato and Micro-Trains couplers compatible?

Thanks for the info. I've seen lots of people discussing changing the couplers and now I know why.
  8. C

Are Kato and Micro-Trains couplers compatible?

I'm getting back into N scale modeling after a break of about 10 years. My rolling stock is primarily Micro-Trains cars. I just got a new DCC Kato ES44AC locomotive today. I put it on a small switching layout I have set up at home and it moves around fine. The problem is that it won't couple to...

Back