Search results

1. rodney mcgiveron

Score! ...Train show find

Definitely .......
  2. rodney mcgiveron

So , Who's had a close up look yet of 4014 and...844 .

Well worth it......Great shots. I wish BNSF did Heritage in a bigger way too .. Maybe one day .
  3. rodney mcgiveron

China Tariffs

This will affect everybody where lots of goods are made in China .. The pitfall of world trade . Here in Australia I simply cannot afford to buy from the U.S. directly . Our dollar is now only worth about 70 U.S cents . If prices climb in the U.S. so will they everywhere in one way or...
  4. rodney mcgiveron

I think UP are going to re reno the Challenger 3985 next too though. Although U.P. isn't my favourite U.S. Railroad , although I still like them a lot I do admire how they embrace their heritage units . I'll have to look up the 2156 thing and Y6a...not too familiar with them . Cheers..
  5. rodney mcgiveron

G'day all ....Been checking out a growing number of Big Boy vids on You Tube of late from about as far away as you could get ..With the Northern Hemisphere summer on the way and 4014 will be earning his keep , does anybody plan to have a proper look at this magnificent thing ?
  6. rodney mcgiveron

World's First Solar Train - Byron Bay, Australia

That's impressive...Could be a sample of the future ..One thing's for sure dear ol Queensland has plenty of sun ...
  7. rodney mcgiveron

Do you model the transition?

Cool vid Toot.... Got to be happy to see some of the old boilers and I mean that with affection on the rails and in keeping with this topic it's good to know crowds like Eureka Models did make versions for us modelers if we chose or could afford to buy .
  8. rodney mcgiveron

G'day Patrick..I'm not totally up on the running and engineering aspects of this ol' girl but I imagine it would . Here's a little bit I found on 6029...she's our 4014 I suppose...Fully restored by 2015 and does trips like 844 , 4449, 3985 used to and 4014 will be soon ...and others of course ...
  9. rodney mcgiveron

G'day Mark and all... Back directly on topic ...Re Modeling the Transition Era ...Eureka Models (Australian model manufacturer) did make a model of the Beyer -Garratt locomotive . The 60 series I think . Look at this for a machine ..Maybe more Aussie or Brit manufacturers make them too . I...
  10. rodney mcgiveron

Mark , This is a bit more of our history via Wikipedia but I reckon that Bagnells sure does have a link with us because they ended up as English Electric and a large part of our fleet were EE's for a long time . Matter of fact they were great workhorses for decades . A famous steam loco that...
  11. rodney mcgiveron

Here's DV1..formerly ( Y7) built around 1970 that still helps on the Goliath Cement run . I think she still runs with the new EMD built TR's to this day at Devonport ... ... Cheers ..
  12. rodney mcgiveron

Very nice...I don't mind the trestle either ...Just lovely work all round . A few weeks ago while I was attending (probably for the 1,000th time) our local museum I met a chap called Simon who was best friends with the owner and curator of Cranks and Tinkerers . This man happened to be a...
  13. rodney mcgiveron

Thank you for that . Much appreciated . It is an interesting topic. My transition isn't the thread topic but more within my favourite railway . I model some old ATSF ,some ATSF with hints of BNSF on the locos and rolling stock and BNSF with original markings and swoosh markings and colours ...
  14. rodney mcgiveron

I do respect the point made referring to the direct thread title . My direct and simple answer is ...no of course . That surely shouldn't necessarily mean that you can't have an opinion or interest in this crucial time of railroading and by definition model railroading though , should it ?. By...
  15. rodney mcgiveron

G'day again guys.....Not absolutely directly about transition but in this fascinating documentary about Cheyenne and the end of steam era (part 1) it mentions the transition here and there...It's a great doco . Click on the link below and watch when you have time . Goes for about an hour ...
  16. rodney mcgiveron

How many engines do you own?

G'day .. I am now doing modern-ish early 1980's to today via ATSF/Burlington/BNSF in HO but when I began modelling I started in N . I cannot bring myself to part with seven locomotives and about 30 rolling stock ., One day I'd be awesome to do a 4 by 8 N Scale again once I finish doing my HO...
  17. rodney mcgiveron

What about this

G'day all ...I do HO but when I saw this amazing N Scale layout on You Tube ..Anybody here seen it for real.. WOW..!!!! .... Cheers Rod.
  18. rodney mcgiveron

The closest to transition era is not the steam to diesel electric but to try and model the ATSF/Burlington to BNSF era to today . That said I do love checking out the history of the transition era . Even today there is a bit of 'niggle' (friendly of course) between the steam to diesels and I...
  19. rodney mcgiveron

The Hobby Shop of today!

In my case there is no choice . Within my hometown of about 900-1000 people and even within the local municipality totalling about 6000 people there is nowhere that even closely resembles a hobby store of any level . As I said even our nearest city and my State's second largest city there is no...
  20. rodney mcgiveron

The Hobby Shop of today!

One of my experiences with my 'local' hobby shop . I was pretty keen to get hold of an Athearn SD 70 ACe model several years ago . I decided to call Tiger Models and Hobbies . I got a chap I'd never spoken to before and asked if they had anything in stock . He seemed interested to my request...

Back