Search results

1. S

model R.R. poll

As with any poll with limited choices and a question that can be interpreted differently by different people there are always going to be disenfranchised voters. For locomotives I use Broadway Limited the most often. For freight cars Accurail For Passenger cars Walthers or IHC For plastic...
  2. S

Train Room Progress - IV

Coyote, it looks really good. The planning sure is paying off. What is going on in the closets? It looks like there is some benchwork inside them?
  3. S

An Office for the Cement Distributor

Thanks Tom, so the windshield wash is used as a thinner, I will have to try that myself. The extra details really add something to the scene, nice job.
  4. S

Action Shot

A would be my vote also.
  5. S

An Office for the Cement Distributor

Tom, great job! A question for you. What is the effect and or purpose of the blue windshield wiper fluid? I am not familiar with the technique and curious about what it achieves. THanks
  6. S

Burlington Northern boxcars

Mike, I mentioned this in a response on the MRR forum, but I will expand on it a little. There are a few things that will determine your choice of fright cars for a consist. 1. Date. Do you have a cut off date, say 1975? Anything newer than that would be not yet made so off bounds for...
  7. S

Jos Geurts' Trees

Fantastic trees Jos. I tend to overdo it with the foliage. You have a very nice airy feel to your trees. A "How to make" would be a welcome idea.
  8. S

It's finally started: Train room progress!

Is there a train room in the world that does not have a pile of Walthers Cornerstone kits in it? Looking really good. The plan on the wall looks good as well.
  9. S

I just finished my first Walthers structure...

Lots of good advice in this thread. I have made several Walthers kits, most recently the New River Mine, which has large expanses of plastic for walls and roofing. Sanding for a good fit was essential. I really like the glass sheet with the sand paper glued on. This gives the very best fit on...
  10. S

Hello Folks

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Today is a bad day for MRR. Music lessons, soccer team photos, soccer game and all that before lunch! Tomorrow I will reall attack my layout and prioritize my projects and get back into it.
  11. S

Hello Folks

Hi everyone. I have been a long time member of the trains.com forums but have found myself just not enjoying the place as much. The new forum software over there just seems like a big step backwards, so I thought I would look around the web for something new. So here I am! I notice that...

Back