Search results

1. P

Live Diesel?

Actually it's been done on 7 1/2 inch gauge tracks. I think that the scale was 1 5/8 per foot. A three cylinder diesel from Kubota or one of the other makers gives a real nice sound. the generator from a heavy duty truck and a smaller generator for the exciter would be the other consideration. I...
  2. P

Coffee Shop 15

Evening Gang: I'm getting nothing but OOOPs's on the MR site so I thought I'd drop in here. It's been quite awhile since I've been on this side of the tracks. Ken good to see you. So what have you been up to lately. For painting window frames after they have been installid and glased you might...
  3. P

Number Twelve Coffee Shop is now open

Evening Guys: It's been awhile since I was in. I've been working on my 1 1/2 inch scale stuff. I've got 4 new gons and 4 new flats to get assembled and painted. I'm working on two of the gons first. They had plywood floors when I got them. I'm replaceing the plywood with steel. That is taking...
  4. P

Mine Run on the D&RGW!

Gmanit's been awhile since I've been over here and I see that you are as good or better then ever. Great photo esay.
  5. P

Coffee shop part 9

Evening Gang: Lara is still doing well. She actually let John sleep all night yesterday. I actually got some MRR time in today. I went to the basement and finally got the track plan for Clark Gardens finished, I hope. This is for the lower phase 1. I now have to ink the drawing and then do an...
  6. P

Coffee shop part 9

Evening All: Baby Lara is coming home tomorrow. We just found out today. The parents are really happy and so are grandpa and grandma. I hope that everyone with the crud is getting better. Right now I'm going to cut out and celebrate.
  7. P

Coffee shop part 9

Evening Guys: Thanks for the thoughts on Tony. He's been moved to the transitional care ward. The doctors say that he doesn't have much time left. Maybe 2 weeks at tops. I hope that he goes soon and stops suffering. One life ends and another begins. No MRRing today again. I did more of that...
  8. P

Coffee shop part 9

Evening Gang: I just stopped in to let you know that Baby Lara is 5lbs. 2 1/2 ozs. She is doing well and we can't wait until she can come home. I haven't done any MRRing lately. I have a friend in the VA hospital in Dallas. He has cancer and is not long for the world. I've been going in to see...
  9. P

Coffee Shop Part VIII

Evening Gang: Just a quick one to give a baby Lara report. The weight I gave you all yesterday was dated. We went in and saw her today and she is now 4lbs 2 3/4 ozs. She looked at us and I swear that she wanted to tell us to leave her alone so she could sleep. She is sure a corker. My 2...
  10. P

Coffee Shop Part VIII

Evening Gang: I just had to stop in and tell you that Lara Beth is now 3lbs 13 1/2 ozs and doing just great. Rex: More power to you. Remember that we're all pulling for you. Good Night All
  11. P

Coffee Shop Part VIII

Evening Gang: KenL: Happy to hear that you are feeling better. As for feeling tired after driving you daughter to school, I hate to say it but we are getting older. I used to drive from Texas to Milwaukee in one setting. Now I'm lucky to do it in two full days, sometimes three. Buffalo Paul...
  12. P

Coffee Shop Part VIII

Evening Gang: Well the baby is still getting better. They have let the mom and dad hold her. It will still be along time untill she gets to come home but we're getting closer every day. I got the diesel back and it runs like new. There was still some gunk in the carburator. I'm going to have a...
  13. P

Coffee Shop Part VIII

Evening Gang: The new grand baby is doing well. She is up to 3lbs 7oz now. Steve I really envy you going to NZ. That picture is wonderful. I had to take my 7.5 in gauge diesel bask to the guy that works on the engine. It was surging bad last saturday. Well it's time for bed. Good Night All
  14. P

Coffee Shop Part VIII

Happy New Year everyone. I've been busy and haven't been able to sit down at the puter long enough. I cleaned off the layout and ran a couple of trains for the 2yr old granddaughter. She was just transfixed by the trains. She has been liking trains for a while so I guess she is grandpa's little...
  15. P

Coffee Shop Part VIII

Merry Christmas every one. Our sons wife had there baby Thursday. Unfortunately it was 10 weeks early. she was having problems and they had to take the baby early. So far the little one is doing all right. She is in Cook Childrens hospital in Ft, Worth in NICU. She's 3 lbs. I guess it's going...
  16. P

Coffee Shop Part VIII

Corey: I'm so sorry to hear about your problem. I hope that everything will work out all right. Remember that we're here pulling for you.
  17. P

Coffee Shop Part VIII

Hi Gang: Cary I'm sorry to hear about your wifes dad. She has my deepest sympathes and you and her family. Ken it sounds like you are in deep dodo with the family. The weather here is warm about 64 right now. I'm thinking about turning on the A/C for a bit. It's been hot then cool then hot...
  18. P

Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

Evening Friends: Just a quick note to say that I'm still around. Mary Ann and I hauled hay today. Yes I used the new tractor and it was great. Right now I'm pooped. I'll see you all later.
  19. P

Evening All: SteveB: So you are really moving to New Zealand. I wish you and yours a safe and very enjoyable trip. NZ is a hot bed for Live steam so you maybe able to get in on some of that. The new tractor will be delivered Saturday I hope. I'd like to put it to work and start getting some...
  20. P

Evening Gang: Jim: Believe me putting on the bale forks and hauling the big round bales is a hoot compared to handling the square ones by hand. We've got a new tractor coming soon I hope. It has a cab and air and heat and 3 years of payments. Ken: I know how you feel. I haven't been able to...

Back