Search results

1. RFANDPVILLE

Kadee Coupler swap

Hi folks, I would be interested in knowing if anyone migh be interested in swapping some Kadee couplers? I have a bunch with no springs. I'd be willing to trade them for functioning ones of anyone might be so inclined? HO Scale # 5's . My eyes are not good enough to see that small. Any takers?
  2. RFANDPVILLE

Bachmann B23-7 diesel

What type of chip should go in this Bachmann B23-7 diesel? I was looking at a Digitrax DH126D if this one works can some one help me view the diagram and instructions on how to install it? The circuit board on this seems to "float" so with that said it has a lead in the front and the back...
  3. RFANDPVILLE

Types of Digitrax chips

I have 7 locomotives that need digitrax chips. I am wanting to know what types I should get for each unit? Ok before you guys go throwing me out on the rails, these are sentimental units that I would like to make work. I have not been able to find stuff like new chasis' or repower stuff. Some...
  4. RFANDPVILLE

JB Weld

Ok, so I am interestedin using JB Weld. I got questions. Is the stuff sandable? Can i shape it to fit and then make it work with moving parts?
  5. RFANDPVILLE

Hello From Quantico Station VA

Hello from the Prince William Model Railroaders Club at Quantico Station VA!
  6. RFANDPVILLE

How do you reset a pwer district?

I was running trains with Digitrax today and the power districts kept flashing zero's fast. We have 5 power districts and only the fifth wasn't flashing. How do you reset that and get it to stop? It needed to show normal numbers. The trains still continued to work though.
  7. RFANDPVILLE

What size screw do I need?

What size screw do I need for the middle of a Kadee # 5 to install it? I need to use a screw and need to get a tap and some screws but just not sure of the size. Anyone got any ideas?
  8. RFANDPVILLE

Big Question

Seeing how it is Mostly men who read this forum, can anyone tell me why it is displaying ads for women's clothes and underwear? I mean most of us are into trains and all and not entirely concerned with what women are wearing. IMHO it's totally missing it's targeted audience. I have no need...
  9. RFANDPVILLE

Bachmann / Bradford Exchange

I got this Bachmann F7 made by Bachmann but released by Bradford Exchange. It came with their EZ mate couplers and I don't like them. ( They will get Kadees) I want to lash the B to the A but the spacing is so wide that right now that you could practically run a train between the A and B...
  10. RFANDPVILLE

Conrail

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=457814870993779&set=a.361807590594508.1073741827.361801970595070&type=1 I took this pic at a club show
  11. RFANDPVILLE

Handrails

where is the best place to look for handrail replacements? I got two locos that need hand rail replacements.
  12. RFANDPVILLE

Ok, I'm being a slackard

Does anyone have an Digitrax decoder for a DH123 AT? I want to buy one. I know that they are discontinued, but I just don't feel like doing all the other work right now. I got an Athearn Genesis GP38-2 GM&O needs this chip. Let me know if you can help! thanks!
  13. RFANDPVILLE

Finally got my prototype design ready!

I am really excited here! I got my prototype design made for my private road name "The New O & A" here in Virginia celebrating 150 years since the Civil War ended is a big deal. We have Norfolk southern running around with all their beautiful Heritage Units but in the Virginia Piedmont, The...
  14. RFANDPVILLE

Wanting to get my HO stuff fixed

I am wanting to get my stuff fixed. Lately I just don't have the time to get this stuff done myself. My locomotives rolling stock need couplers,heighted and weighted, metal wheelsets, I want this stuff to work. Anyone who might be able to help me get my HO stuff working for a reasonable...
  15. RFANDPVILLE

Atlas Granite Gorge & Northern

Anyone build the Atlas Granite Gorge & Northern? I am interested in this layout. I want to bring it out of the 1950's and put DCC on. Most people say that larger rolling stock like hi cubes, double stacks, passenger cars would have problems functioning here. I want to make it modular as it...
  16. RFANDPVILLE

A couple of my favorites

Here are some of my favorite shots: Timonium Maryland
  17. RFANDPVILLE

Prince William Model Railroad Club

The PWMRC holds an open house on the first Saturday of the month at the Historic Quantico Train Station located on the Quantico Marine Corps Base in Quantico town (Q-Town) Quantico Virginia South of Washington DC along the historic RF&P main now owned by CSX.
  18. RFANDPVILLE

The New O&A

My name is Mike Burke. I'm the director of the New Orange & Alexandria Railroad. I live in Chancellorsville Virginia, in the land of "Gods & Generals" My predecessor, Lt.Col Silas Burke, of whom the town of "Burke" Virginia was named, was the director of the Orange & Alexandria Railroad.
  19. RFANDPVILLE

New to the forum

Hi, I am new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone might have some recommendations. First I have NO plans on getting rid of the stuff I have. I am looking to re power an old Tyco Alco super 630 HO locomotive. I am thinking of putting an Athearn chassis with Athearn motor in it. What...

Back