Search results

1. RFANDPVILLE

Kadee Coupler swap

Hi folks, I would be interested in knowing if anyone migh be interested in swapping some Kadee couplers? I have a bunch with no springs. I'd be willing to trade them for functioning ones of anyone might be so inclined? HO Scale # 5's . My eyes are not good enough to see that small. Any takers?
  2. RFANDPVILLE

Finally got a Hobby Lobby in town.

I've been suing ebay. I get better finds with that than I do anything else.
  3. RFANDPVILLE

Bachmann customer service problems

I have many items from the so called "lesser" quality manufacturers. Like most things you pretty much get what you pay for. I enjoy Bachmanns and Lifelike's and Tyco's and yes Tyco is long out of business, sold to of all things, Sara Lee Pastries. But Bachmann stepped up when they introduced...
  4. RFANDPVILLE

Finally got a Hobby Lobby in town.

The thing about Hobby Lobby is that America's Greatest Indoor Hobby is not that well represented there. That's model trains. They do have a couple of Bachmann sets and some slot cars but Honestly don't hold a candle to anything like even Hobbytown. Hobby Lobby has paints and Dremels and...
  5. RFANDPVILLE

Dukes of Hazzard Layout! Hazzard Square

One of the things that some people don't realize is that the Dukes of Hazzard town is also the same town that was used for the TV show "In The Heat Of The Night" with Carroll O' Connor to represent "Sparta Mississippi"
  6. RFANDPVILLE

No, I'm HO scale only. Sorry sometimes I forget to list what scale I'm talking about but so that we know I only model HO.
  7. RFANDPVILLE

Could you try a different carrier? I think with a different carrier like UPS or Fedex or even DHL you should be able to ask them to give you a disposition on the delivery like what the heck happened? Send them a certified letter and request a response. If they don't respond kick it up a...
  8. RFANDPVILLE

Bachmann B23-7 diesel

What type of chip should go in this Bachmann B23-7 diesel? I was looking at a Digitrax DH126D if this one works can some one help me view the diagram and instructions on how to install it? The circuit board on this seems to "float" so with that said it has a lead in the front and the back...
  9. RFANDPVILLE

DPU on TOFC on the D&J Railroad

Ken has a really awesome layout there. He's got the signals working and is working on developing some tunnels and landscaping.
  10. RFANDPVILLE

Need tips on kitbashing a BQ23-7 and who custom paints loco's?

That big yellow thing is getting work done on it. I got the chassis switched out and got a can motor in it now instead of the pancake motor it came with. I need to body mount Kadees. I need to stabilize the circuit board because that has the light on it but I got to get the DCC chip on it...
  11. RFANDPVILLE

Types of Digitrax chips

that's what my plan is. but do you have a diagram for the process you speak of to isolate the motor?
  12. RFANDPVILLE

Types of Digitrax chips

I want to replace the pancake motor engines with something better but I am struggling with finding the replacement chasises and motors.
  13. RFANDPVILLE

Model Power officially out of business

I will miss them too! I like a bunch of their stuff
  14. RFANDPVILLE

Types of Digitrax chips

The truck frame is plastic. the pancake motor is a powered truck. It's not connected through a drive shaft to a centralized motor in the middle of the engine. (it's like one piece) If people can make that little "Thomas the train" work for the kids, clearly that wasn't meant for a decoder. All...
  15. RFANDPVILLE

Types of Digitrax chips

I was told the pancake motor can take a decoder. The parts just are not available for repowered chasis to get better chasis in them.
  16. RFANDPVILLE

Types of Digitrax chips

We run with digitirax so my preference will be what we use. I'm not looking for expensive.
  17. RFANDPVILLE

Types of Digitrax chips

Yeah decoders with no sound basic decoders ho scale
  18. RFANDPVILLE

Types of Digitrax chips

I have 7 locomotives that need digitrax chips. I am wanting to know what types I should get for each unit? Ok before you guys go throwing me out on the rails, these are sentimental units that I would like to make work. I have not been able to find stuff like new chasis' or repower stuff. Some...
  19. RFANDPVILLE

JB Weld

Ok, so I am interestedin using JB Weld. I got questions. Is the stuff sandable? Can i shape it to fit and then make it work with moving parts?

Back