Search results

1. M

Adding DCC sound to a Bachman RS3... best options?

Thaks for all the replies! I doubt I would buy any more Bachman engines, but I have a few now, so now I know better. That said, at least I can get them upgraded without too much hassle. I do prefer my BLI engines... oh yeah... :cool:
  2. M

Adding DCC sound to a Bachman RS3... best options?

Hello, I have a couple of the budget Bachman RS3 units that are DCC only. Any good / better / best way to add sound to the stock DCC in these things? I have not openend them up yet to see what they have inside...
  3. M

Broadway limited Help! (Paragon 2 Hudson)

My new BLI Hudson was kind of weird, but as I looked into it, I found I had not quite seated the wire plug from the tender into the engine... :eek: Worked great after using a small flat screwdriver to seat the plug... :cool: But that's just a newbie error for guys like me, aint it?
  4. M

New idea, need some help identifying the rolling stock

Broadway Limited has a new run of NYC boxcars coming out soon... Pre '55 lettering and dreadnaught ends. http://www.broadway-limited.com/1752nycsteelboxcar4-pack121134121656122724123242withdreadnaughtendspre-1955romanletteringho.aspx BLI Pic...
  5. M

Use photos to help your modeling

That's cool, thanks for posting that!
  6. M

More Fun from Broadway Limited and Modeltrainstuff...

That is one fine car :cool:
  7. M

Coopersville and Marne

More pics of the C&M switchers... The first two are not currently on the, umm, "active roster"... yeah, especially the second pic...
  8. M

Coopersville and Marne

I thought I would start a thread about the Cooperville and Marne Railway. I will post pics and video... Video is from in-cab...
  9. M

Thanks RCShadow! I really did love the look of the old FZ series. I had an FZ750 waaay back in the day. I have some video from the Coopersville and Marne scenic railway... I rode in the cab of an old SW9(?). Track speed was limited to TEN mph. It was a long way to Marne from Coopersville at that...
  10. M

Small and slow? Well, that's ok; it is just a switcher after all... ;) My layout won't be that big and if I want faster, I'll just pull out the BLI F7 or Hudson... And if that doesn't work, my CBR600F2 takes care of my need for speed...:eek:
  11. M

I saw this deal Sunday... BLI SW7 PRR for $129.99 .... :eek: Oh yeah... Modeltrainstuff only had ONE in stock and now they have none! :D Should be here about Thursday.
  12. M

Went to the MRR show yesterday

Looks like you had a lot of fun getting some good deals! I am looking forward to this weekend in Grand Rapids, MI for a local train show...
  13. M

Alco - EMD F Unit Consist?

How about a C-Liner and Hudson??? From Dave's Photo Pages... http://www.davesphotopages.com/Doug0017.jpg
  14. M

And the Offical DCC Power system for the Mackinac Division is...

I had some old DC stuff way back somewhere in my early youth. I love computers and this digital age in which we live; no way I would run DC! I am starting the Mackinac Division on the right track... I am sure I will have questions as things progress... :)
  15. M

Two from Broadway Limited...

New from BLI on the Mackinac Division engine roster... A J1E Hudson... great deal at my favorite online store, modeltrainstuff.com An F7A BLI Blueline engine, new in box, found waiting for me on Ebay... :) Put in a Digitrax DZ143PS and it ran flawlessly... :cool: The Ebay tip came...
  16. M

Over the river

That is just amazing! Very motivational too... :)
  17. M

And the Offical DCC Power system for the Mackinac Division is...

The MRC Prodigy Advanced 2. After much reading and consideration, including many posts on this forum, I made my choice and paid my money... Got a really great price from modeltrainstuff.com. The PA2 has enough power for what will be a modest layout and seems easy to figure out. I have been able...
  18. M

The BOeC

Those cars are masterfully weathered... Excellent work!
  19. M

Let's get LOADED!!!.....

The trusses are very nice. Great work!
  20. M

What I've learned about MTH, DCS, DCC

Talk about blowing smoke... Well, most interesting discussion... After reading this, along with some other forums, I found this... MTH v BLI Memorandum and Order. You will never read more about speed commands and smoke puffing anywhere! "from the day the complaint was filed this case has...

Back