Search results

1. rdeal

ETS - DC or AC

i am thinking of purchasing a steam engine from ETS - Electric Trains Systems - Prague i have two 3 rail choices - DC or AC - I am using Lionel tubular O gauge - With Lionel CW80 transformer I am asking for your advice thank you rdeal
  2. rdeal

A Problem I Can Not Solve - Part 11

just about three months ago i posted / a person has my three engines and will not return i have repeated tried to contact C. J. Jenkins - "cjcrescent" simply this - asking for return of the engines - i will pay all cost - without any questions or comments three engines - one brass Do you...
  3. rdeal

A Problem I Can Not Solve

maybe you can help me? how to get a person on this forum to return items - 3 engines - that they are working on now they are not answering home phone thank you - rdeal
  4. rdeal

Looking for Rudolph

I have the following- MTH 2011- 249E Christmas Steam Passenger Set 11-5505-1 that included three coaches - Vixon - Prancer – Comet I am looking for the two additional (sold separately) Comet (607),coach 11-60033 and Rudolph (605) baggage 11-80015 – I will pay fair market price plus a...
  5. rdeal

Southern Crescent Green

I copied the following from an article about the Southern Crescent: Southern Railway announced in 1929 that its first "train of luxury" was to begin life anew with brand-new equipment. Along with new Pullmans, cars built especially for the "Crescent Limited" four years earlier were...
  6. rdeal

southern rail - 4-6-4

did the southern railway ever use a 4-6-4 engine thanks rdeal
  7. rdeal

southern passenger cars

what color/s - if any - did "southern rail" use in the late '40's and '50's on passenger cars thanks rdeal
  8. rdeal

from mth to fastrack

i have a mth christmas freight train "set" - engine, cars, track and transformer what do i need to use the "set" with fastrack - from transformer to track ? rdeal
  9. rdeal

Help with Christmas Layout

Christmas of 1947 my dad gave me a Lionel Train - engine # 1655, tender, baby ruth car, tank car, gondola (six barrels) and lighted caboose - - - in addition the following accessories that are track operated / beacon / railroad crossing sign / a little house that a open as the train passes...
  10. rdeal

trivia question of the day - two parts

what was the last Southern Railroad steam engine to be in service for Southern and what was the first diesel to be put into service thanks rdeal
  11. rdeal

Apologies for an Unrealistic Question, trying to locate a layout i saw last weekend ?

i am helping my brother add an additional area to his layout looking here over the weekend i saw a layout that was so interesting - long and thin – about 4 to 6 feet wide and 16 to 16 feet long but I Lost It - accidentally lost it - would have been a good start for my brothers the layout i...
  12. rdeal

lionel 45 degree crossover

i am getting ready to work on a christmas layout - running my lionel train on the raised hearth - my train is having a 65th birthday this coming holiday - a question or four, please - one - where is best place to buy 027 track & what track would you use three - running two tracks parallel for...
  13. rdeal

Southern Crescent Limited

two questions from a novice :) ONE: the crescent limited engine numbers -1393 – 1394 – 1395 – 1396 – which one of these ran through charlotte, north carolina and TWO: I have read there were four shops – maybe one in charlotte – maybe ivy city engine terminal, but, where were...
  14. rdeal

Southern Crescent 4-6-2

International Hobby Corp has a Southern Crescent 4-6-2 Pacific for sale M9924 Please share and information/opinion of company or engine thanks rdeal
  15. rdeal

french pre-ww1 passenger cars

and suggestions on where to start a search for french SCNF passenger cars - looking for four or five - era 1 thanks rdeal
  16. rdeal

Bachmann Southern 722

i have the following: Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0 Consolidation, #772 with Soundtraxx Tsunami sound/moble decoder Before it begins it regular run - is there anything you could suggest to - "bump it up a bit" - an "added touch" thanks mr toad...
  17. rdeal

72' heavyweights - passenger cars

i am looking for 72' heavyweight passenger cars - southern or undecorated - hope you can help point me in the right direction - any suggestions appreciated thanks rdeal
  18. rdeal

Holy Smokes or All Smoked Up

I have a Rivarossi Heavy Pacific 4-6-2 Engine - HO scale and i am making an effort to model the Southern Crescent Limited - late 1920's Here is my question - *note* i am a novice - you could use other words but for the moment just leave it a novice - is there a practical and workable way to add...
  19. rdeal

building the "central midlands"

In the summer of 1977 my brother and a friend began to build the “Central Midlands” using John Armstrong’s layout from an Atlas publication. Layout built a few modifications the major one being building in such a way it could be moved from Mom’s home to his home later. Layout was finished to...

Back