Search results

1. A

intermountain es44dc (gevo) or a athearn gp38-2w

That is the exact issue Bigb was referring to. The sound decoder itself is great, but with a speaker upgrade it will make a huge difference. The RailMaster speaker is also the one I was referring to. In fact, I am going to Bellflower (happens to be my place of birth) next week and I will be...
  2. A

Intermodal Containers

That sounds like something that might be fun. I always hated pulling trailers full of haz mat when I worked as a long haul truck driver...now I can actually do it for fun...maybe do some custom ooz or something.
  3. A

Non working ditch light on Intermountain loco

I agree wholeheartedly. Read the email I got back from Intermountain after I brought their attention to my ditch light problem. They seem like such a class act. I have since purchased several husky stacks from them with no problems at all....I also ordered me another es44dc.
  4. A

Intermodal Containers

Thank you for the replies. I have been doing some internet searching and found some container sets based on the information and suggestions from everybody. I may just have to take a short drive to Anaheim and check out Milepost 38 as well...my local hobby shop does not stock many containers...
  5. A

intermountain es44dc (gevo) or a athearn gp38-2w

I really like my IM es44dc. It came with a ditch light issue, but I am sending it in for service. Intermountain's customer service has been great. In fact, I have not received the kind of service they have provided from any other manufacturer. I am not too impressed with the quality of the...
  6. A

Intermodal Containers

Hi. I am a newbie to the forums as well as to model railroading in general. I may be posting some new threads from time to time that may have some stupid questions. I just wanted to lay that disclaimer out there for all of the hobbyists who may not enjoy non-challenging items of discussion. I...
  7. A

I noticed something while I was testing the locomotive again today. For a brief moment the left ditch light came on and then went dim. It is not out completely, but it is only dim. I was in a darker room this time so it was easier to see. I will be sending my locomotive back to Intermountain...
  8. A

Thank you for the replies and suggestions. Unfortunately, after resetting the decoder, I am still having difficulties with the left ditch light. I did receive a very prompt reply from Intermountain customer service and I am very impressed. I am so impressed with their concern and rapid reply...
  9. A

Thank you Ken. I will give that a shot. I hate to ask a stupid question now, but would you happen to know how to reset the decoder with a MRC Prodigy Advance 2? Thanks again.
  10. A

New from California

Thank you! I appreciate the welcome. I cannot wait to start building my new layout, although the wife can. She seems to think our garage is for cars while I try to explain to her that we only need one car in it. In any case, it will be nice to go to Home Depot and pick up some lumber. This...
  11. A

Thank you for the reply and for the information. I have a feeling it is the LED because the other light works fine and flashes without any problems. I emailed Intermountain just to see what their take is on it. I don't want to send the locomotive in, but perhaps they will send me a new LED. I...
  12. A

New from California

Hello everybody.My name is Eric and I live in Menifee, CA. I have a wonder wife and three beautiful children. I am new to this forum and fairly new to model railroading. I first started out enjoying model railroading when I was a kid growing up in the 70's. My father bought me a HO train set and...
  13. A

I am brand new to this forum and basically brand new to model railroading. I recently became interested in model railroading again after not having played with trains in 32 years. While I was a kid I had a nice HO layout that my dad and I put together. Now that I am forty-something it hit me...

Back