Search results

1. D

modeling southern railway

Hello, As a fellow steel modeler and die hard southern & NS fan.Welcome to the group.Hers a few links to keep you busy. http://www.wrighttrak.com/ This link has hard to find southern kits in HO wrighttrak yahoo !!! http://members.tripod.com/appalachian_railroad/soumodels.html...
  2. D

Norfolk southern radio reciever car new toy

Hello Steve, The cars use to be out in brass,but who could afford them.Wright-trak models has this and other hard to find cars cast in resin. All the cars listed are HO. http://www.wrighttrak.com/ Patrick Beaufort,sC DRSC
  3. D

These cars were designed & built by southern shops. There purpose was to increase the radio signal to locomotives futher back pushing from behind. Mid-train helpers on long coal drags,recieved the signal from the first locomotive.It was then repeated to the mid-train locomotives. Patrick...
  4. D

Hello all, Along from modeling steel . I have a love affair with Norfolk Southern & Southern railroads. My wife & I recently went to bullstreet station hobby shop in Savannah,GA. Looking through the kits I came across a wrighttrac models HO southern radio reciever car. I've been...
  5. D

Interesting Photos for a Harbor Project

Hi yaz gang, I scratch built these tugs & spud barges two years ago.Hope you enjoy the photos. Three bulk barges,two spud barges and two flat top barges,not to mention two scratch built tugs.My wharf next to the basic oxygen furnace/BOF,is not big enough for all the barges.So every...
  6. D

Dragon river steel's new bag-house

Hello all, Heres a few photos of the new bag-house under construction. It's not done yet,still have a ways to go on it. Still to be added are the catwalks,more piping,dust collection bins, lighting ect. Should have more photos coming soon. Patrick & Letitia Beaufort,SC DRSC
  7. D

Dragon river steel's new addition.

Thanks...there is nothing thats small with a steel mill. Heck eveything is huge and will crush you. Patrick
  8. D

Whatcha been working on lately Ken? My wife has been helping build the entire layout. Gonna see how well she is with track soon. Patrick
  9. D

I'll post more pictures its easier that way. Patrick
  10. D

Luggers ? Do you mean the kress carriers ? If so I scratch built the from US patent drawings. I have three kress carriers now and a klein ladle carrier on the drawing board. Patrick Beaufort,SC DRSC
  11. D

Hello all, Alright perhaps not new but new & improved. The back side of the BOF has not faced a face lift since being built. My eye health is failing at 38,by this I'm going blind. Trying to medical retire from work its a waiting game. My wife has been helping me over the past few months...
  12. D

HO scale Basic Oxygen Furnace/BOF completed model photos

Hello all, I've just about completed my latest scratch build of a BOF.There are of course a few odds & end to tie up ,but its pretty much done. This structure took about a month & a half to build.Now I start work on the waltherts kits,such as the ore bridge crane,blast...
  13. D

Basic oxygen furnace scratch build in HO {steel mill related}

Paul, Thank you for the kind words. She might be a little to large,but shes a BOF. I have a ton of details to add and many more hours till shes done. Patrick Beaufort,SC DRSC
  14. D

Hello Josh, Yuper HO....this will be the largest HO structure on my layout. Man I haven't even layed any track yet. The blast furnace,coke ovens and slag pit have their own piece of plywood. The BOF is in another zip code...LOL. More to come.... Patrick Beaufort,SC DRSC
  15. D

Hello Jim, Pretty much the entire structure is made from corrugated plastic signs,covered in projection screen TV protective surface. You see the siding came from old projection screen TV's, I happen to stumble apone the stuff one day at work. This screen cover is worth its weight in...
  16. D

Hey Ken, Yeah shes coming right along,haven't really had much time to get into it.The past two weeks have been pretty busy,doing you guessed it...."the honey do list". If I get a chance,I'll work on the beast tonight. I have however been working on the down-comer pipes as well as...
  17. D

Hello all, I've been building the largest structure on DRSC, an HO scale BOF. Last night I worked on the down-comer pipes as well as other piping. The photo was taken last week and has changed a lot since then. I'll keep you steel hounds up-dated on my progress as time permits. I...
  18. D

1/87th Vehicles

Hello Ken, Outstanding work as usual, love the change. Always a pleasure to see the new ideas. Kudos, Patrick
  19. D

1/87th Vehicles

Glad I could help:D . Patrick
  20. D

1/87th Vehicles

Hello Ken, Yeah I'm all over the place. Me and you both regarding the credit card. I've had my eye on one of those Ertl P&H 4100XBL mining shovels for some time now.My wife would crap can me for sure,if I purchased that. I had a thought for your crane.Why not a slag...

Back