Search results

1. Amtrak47

Canadian National CCF EMUs?

Asking for tips or advice on how to model these units. Looking to turn 4 of them into Conway Scenic Railroad coaches. Pictures included for reference. Thanks in advance.
  2. Amtrak47

More Sunset equipment progress

Moving forward with Sunset Limited #2 I finished up 819, coach dorm 39908 and coach 34083 which was one of the coaches that tumbled off the Bayou Canot bridge. I may eventually add the exit windows on 39908 as well as purchase 3d printed ends to better represent the HEP era equipment...
  3. Amtrak47

Sunset Limited almost complete~

It feels great to build my collection back up after a couple years of walking away from this hobby. One train I've always wanted to model (and have attempted to in the past) is the 1993 Sunset Limited that crashed into Bayou Canot, Alabama. My customs for this train are: P40 #819 F40 #262...
  4. Amtrak47

Athearn AMD 103 P-40

Looking for an Athearn Amtrak P40 in phase III (Faded stripe) Doesn't matter the road number, preferably not a blue box model.
  5. Amtrak47

ISO Kato HO Amtrak F40PH

Looking for Kato Amtrak F40PHs in HO scale, preferably without ditchlights. Not looking for a specific road number.
  6. Amtrak47

Seeking Kato ho Superliners in Phase III

Trying to finish a consist. Looking for a Coach and a Diner specifically.
  7. Amtrak47

Help finding Superliner cars?

Hey everyone, been a few years since I've been here as I've walked away from the hobby for a while, but have decided to jump back into it. I'd like to once again, build up a consist but unfortunately it seems next to impossible unless you model current era Amtrak. What I'm looking for are Kato...
  8. Amtrak47

In Search of Walthers Proto Superliners!

I’m hunting for Walthers Proto phase III Superliner sleepers. I know it’s a tall order, I just figured I’d reach out. I’m building up a consist and all that’s missing are the Sleepers. I’ll buy them for a fair price! Any info or leads on who may have em would be great. Model Numbers include...
  9. Amtrak47

MBTA F40 converted into Metro North F40PH-3cat

So I've decided to quit modeling the MBTA's weird equipment and move onto a different commuter rail, Metro North or MTA. I've taken my Walthers F40 that WAS painted as MBTA 1016 and overhauled it into a Metro North F40PH-3cat #4912. What I've done here is stripped the paint, then chopped the...
  10. Amtrak47

MBTA 1127 progress

Made great progress on 1127. She received her full paint job and most of her decals. Will need to order a decal sheet of letters to add the "MBTA" and "1127" to her sides as well as the American flag decals that are placed on the cabs. Handrails are on the way, those will have to be a custom...
  11. Amtrak47

MBTA GP40MC Project

And so it begins! I received an Athearn GP40x in the mail and have already taken the first few steps for the conversion into a GP40MC. So far I've removed the shell from the old chassis/frame and have removed the cab. I'll post all progress photos/Updates on this thread!
  12. Amtrak47

Thickness of an Athearn shell?

I've decided that instead of modeling the F40PH-2C, I'm going to model an MBTA GP40MC. I'll be starting off with an Athearn GP40x, but I know I need to lengthen it. What size of sheet styrene matches up with the Athearn shell is my question?
  13. Amtrak47

Project questions

I've been wanting to make my own F40PH-2C in HO scale for a while now. Problem is, there are no suitable chassis out there for such a locomotive. I was thinking of making my own chassis out of Styrene and using the Walthers F40 trucks and motor. I've seen some people use brass, however I know...
  14. Amtrak47

Toasters! (AEM-7s)

Hey guys! Been a while since I've been on here. I recently purchased 2 of the brand new AEM-7s by Atlas, #s 902 and 926. These models were worth the 4 or so year long wait! I now have proper power for my Northeast Regional and Silver Star trains. I had to sacrifice my Superliners in order to buy...
  15. Amtrak47

What brand/type of masking tape should I use to repaint walthers Amtrak cars??

Hey guys It's been a long time since I've been on here. I have a question about masking tape, what brand would ya'll recommend? I want to repaint Phase I, II, and III stripes into phase IVB on Walthers Amtrak equipment. I have the perfect shade of blue spray paint, however the last time I did...
  16. Amtrak47

Looking to buy Walthers Viewliners.

Would anyone happen to have or know anyone who's selling Walthers viewliners?? Looking for either phase IVB or Undecorated. I will buy for a fair price! Need about 2 of them to finally complete my Amtrak Silver Meteor. I have 1 IVB Viewliner so far. Will pay via paypal. Pics for referrence:
  17. Amtrak47

Amtrak Heritage Unites 822 and 145

Together at last. Today unit 145 came in the post. Very excited to have both the phase III P42s! Can I just say that I love Ebay!!
  18. Amtrak47

Custom Amtrak Diner 8502

I finally finished a kit from Train Station Products, I ordered it to meet the specifications of an Amtrak Heritage diner, even more specifically, 8502. Completed pics: I think it came out great and was able to avoid the nightmare of trying to customize a Broadway Limited California Zephyr...
  19. Amtrak47

Athearn SD45, how to change trucks?

Is there a way to change the trucks on an Athearn SD45 from 6 wheel trucks to 4 wheel trucks??
  20. Amtrak47

Pacific Parlour 39974

I proudly present, Amtrak Pacific Parlour # 39974! Before: After:

Back