Search results

1. R

My Track Plan - thoughts?

Update Thanks for the advice so far. Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what I'll do with the space in the right-hand loop. I would kind of like to model some engine servicing, but I could put portions of another town (Windsor) in half of the circle. I've already started working on plans for that...
  2. R

Update Thanks Gandydancer. I'll modify the drawing a bit. I should have mentioned that the crossovers were just drawn in, not measured yet. I was trying to determine from an operational standpoint if they would work there. Overall, the turnouts are drawn using a template, but the template...
  3. R

Updated plan OK, here's a modified plan, with a rough idea of roads and buildings. The scale is slightly different (1 large square = 1 foot) and the plan doesn't include the second loop and the small shelf. The extra tracks there will be the last to be finalized. I reversed the switching on...
  4. R

More info Oops, I thought I had included the scale. The room is 20' x 10' The switching area on the right-hand side is Windsor Locks, CT. There is a small freight house, and a passenger station a little further on (those are the two buildings on that copy of the plan). Along the left...
  5. R

The illusion of distance--do I need it or what?

I understand what you mean by the illusion of distance thing. It probably would be better to have fewer locations and a larger spacing between them then the parking a hidden train. That's one of the big challenges that I have had since I'm modeling passenger service as much as freight (actually...
  6. R

I'm new to the forum, this place looks great! OK, I'd like some input. Here's a (really) rough draft of my track plan. The room is 20 feet by 10 feet, but I have to leave space for a loveseat and coffee table. The TV is under the layout. This plan is actually slightly wrong, it's...

Back